joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 14/15 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the most common mistakes in storm systems you'll see models make (and forecasters) is under estimating the power of true arctic highs to our north...they take a long time to over power.

Yeah that analog was stuck in my head. Seems to be working out in a similar fashion give or take. Might end up being a bit less...but same idea. When PVC is below 32F on a stout 100 wind direction in mid December...you know it's cold.

As soon as snow switched to rain our temperature dropped.. down 1.2 degrees now in 20 minutes.. went from 28 to 26.8.. (10 miles east of New Haven)

Yeah...see the discussion on HVN's temp last page. Dropped 7 degrees between 11pm and 12am obs. Not so lucky here. Temp continues to rise rapidly. Will be dripping by 1am I suspect. I'm not waiting for that misery. I need sleep. Good luck to the rest of you!

One of the most common mistakes in storm systems you'll see models make (and forecasters) is under estimating the power of true arctic highs to our north...they take a long time to over power.

Ding ding ding! Thank you.   It's why I had such a horrible time with this because I hate that. It never happens. Blocking is limited, but there.. and relenting, but the high's time it's attenuation is slower in this.   

Yeah...see the discussion on HVN's temp last page. Dropped 7 degrees between 11pm and 12am obs. Not so lucky here. Temp continues to rise rapidly. Will be dripping by 1am I suspect. I'm not waiting for that misery. I need sleep. Good luck to the rest of you!

Just noticed that, every area from new haven east seems to be gusting with NNW wind.. Just hit North Branford/Branford area.. I assume it will continue to push east? 

Archived