• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 14/15 winter storm threat part II

Typhoon Tip

My grandfather died this morning and I was wondering if you guys could pray for him if your into that kind of stuff, if not than that's fine.  However its one of those deals where a snowstorm is a bonus regardless of the amounts.  I won't stop watching the weather unfold because he wouldn't want me too.  850mb travels right over the Cape, so we mix for a time before the 850s crash southeastward as the comma head develops overhead.

Sorry for your loss . Hopefully the storm crushes your area with snows.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My grandfather died this morning and I was wondering if you guys could pray for him if your into that kind of stuff, if not than that's fine. However its one of those deals where a snowstorm is a bonus regardless of the amounts. I won't stop watching the weather unfold because he wouldn't want me too. 850mb travels right over the Cape, so we mix for a time before the 850s crash southeastward as the comma head develops overhead.

Sorry for your loss.

My grandfather died this morning and I was wondering if you guys could pray for him if your into that kind of stuff, if not than that's fine.  However its one of those deals where a snowstorm is a bonus regardless of the amounts.  I won't stop watching the weather unfold because he wouldn't want me too.  850mb travels right over the Cape, so we mix for a time before the 850s crash southeastward as the comma head develops overhead.

I'm very sorry to learn this sad news. You have my fullest condolence and he is in my thoughts and prayers.

Yo man so sorry, heres hope you get one for Pops. Take care James

Sorry James. Hopefully you can find some solace in the wx.

After looking at all the charts, despite the labels on the charts, the probabilities seem to imply at least 2", at least 4", at least 6", so I don't know the answer.

They acknowledged an error with that map earlier today.

NWS Boston @NWSBoston 4h

Disregard our 4" snow graphic as there is an error. We hope to have a fix soon. Otherwise here is our 1st cut. http://ow.ly/rJnc7  #MAwx

Can today's snow out here be counted toward storm totals since it's associated with the arctic boundary which will play a roll in tomorrow's system?

Haha I don't know...we had 1.5" in town this morning but 7" fell in about 3 hours this morning up at the mountain. Powder day. But I don't think I'll count this with the storm, haha.

My condolences

Euro is similar to other 00z guidance (maybe a shade colder than Ukie/GFS)....its going with a monster front ender. (prob like 6-10)

Just saw last night's Euro.  ENY finally gets a good slp track and we still probably get fringed.  Just no mid-level low with the coastal to transport moisture back west.  Maybe there will be a magical convergence band on Sun morning.  Last week when we had .5-.75 QPF modeled out this way, all frozen, we picked up 1/2 inch of snow.  Hopefully we can comfortably exceed the 1" threshold this time... maybe even 3.  I will probably be very happy with 12-18 hours of mood snow.  I don't root for others to get screwed so we cash in, but I do miss experiencing heavy snow with vis < 1/2 mile.

Lets just keep the high in place or this is going over pvd

Surface pressure features don't steer other features.  The upper levels dictate the positioning of both highs and lows (with an assist from terrain features and surface temp gradients).  But I know what you're saying... if the upper levels induce increasing surface pressures further east in Canada, it will probably also lead to a slp low center further west along the NE coast.

If you have only lived in ENY for a couple years, I can understand the pessimism.  We've been fringed a lot lately.  I've been in the area over 20 years, and its not a bad area for snow, just been tough lately.  The overall average for the ALB area is 62", so not bad, even in the valley.  We'll start getting some our way...and this one may not end up too bad anyway.

Just saw last night's Euro.  ENY finally gets a good slp track and we still probably get fringed.  Just no mid-level low with the coastal to transport moisture back west.  Maybe there will be a magical convergence band on Sun morning.  Last week when we had .5-.75 QPF modeled out this way, all frozen, we picked up 1/2 inch of snow.  Hopefully we can comfortably exceed the 1" threshold this time... maybe even 3.  I will probably be very happy with 12-18 hours of mood snow.  I don't root for others to get screwed so we cash in, but I do miss experiencing heavy snow with vis < 1/2 mile.

This is getting a very convective look on the hi res models. Just these billows of intense VVs. So naturally when that happens all sorts of weird sh*t goes on. Areas that should be rain are snow, Areas that should have snow have a gravity wave induced toaster bath etc. I'm not saying that will happen...but it's getting that intense look for a time after 3z- 6z.

Archived