joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 14/15 winter storm threat part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12Z is rolling out a winna. QPF bomb and cold. Great start out of the gates. Mix appears to get up to Fore River and slammed back, by then thumping, dumpage done....  

Fore River in Maine? Doesn't get near there. Doesn't even make it to the pike verbatim on this run. Briefly gets to ma/ct border and retreats.

Oh how soon folks forget this, around 1" is reasonable still unless further modeling can back it

I think areas will get > 1" QPF for sure..but not sure 18" of snow in RI..lol. There is the tendency of the cold battling though and this is starting to take the appeal of a snow bomb in many areas, esp near and north of the Pike and just inland.

Seems like the RPM came north a little. Almost brings liquid precip in to my area. Although verbatim the RPM has more snow for me than the 9Z. 

It tends to this this and then correct south, but the RA/SN line close to the low center seems reasonable...I'm just not buying that wrapped up look.

I think areas will get > 1" QPF for sure..but not sure 18" of snow in RI..lol. There is the tendency of the cold battling though and this is starting to take the appeal of a snow bomb in many areas, esp near and north of the Pike and just inland.

I think the nam has the right idea handling the thermal aspects, Some one that is nw of the CF is going to get pounded pretty good

My grandfather died this morning and I was wondering if you guys could pray for him if your into that kind of stuff, if not than that's fine.  However its one of those deals where a snowstorm is a bonus regardless of the amounts.  I won't stop watching the weather unfold because he wouldn't want me too.  850mb travels right over the Cape, so we mix for a time before the 850s crash southeastward as the comma head develops overhead.

Because the charts depict the probability of 4" of snow, 6" of snow, etc.,not 4" or more of snow, 6" or more of snow, etc.

I think it is supposed to be for 1" or more, or 4" or more, etc. The 1" probabilities are 100%. I think it may just be a glitch.

Archived