joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 12/14-15 The bad pattern storm

Ji

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My remark seems to have touched a cord. I was being literal when I said it was awesome for the PA members of the sub-forum. I know we have people who post up to the York area, and it looked like a good run for them.

Wasn't your comment at all.  Hell, i like you.  you can come over and **ck my sister(movie reference, see if you get it)

For sure the 6z was better up there.  i don't think much has changed for them each model run so they should do nicely.

This is a relatively newb's observation. This forum is a great outlet for people with addictive personalities who chose weather (fortunately, instead of something much more destructive like drugs, alchohol or gambling).  It is a lot of fun and exciting to anticpate the beauty that nature provides via a "perfect" snowstorm.  We all have ideas what that perfect storm is in our heads and hope for it at each next "event".  It is kind of like that toy you know you will probably never get at Christmas but there is still that window of hope.  In this area we probably anticipate a really good snow more than most other places.  We are usually feast and most often times famine due to our geographic location.  Like a really good golf shot it is those "feasts" that keep us coming back.  The bottom line is, we can look at model run after model run until the cows come home.  The only one that is going to be right is the "real deal" which has a mind of it's own and will happen just as planned.  There will be times where the models will be exactly what the storm has in mind and we will all pat ourselves on the back at the accuracy of the forecast and all of the associated banter we all brought to the movie theater to see the show.  Tommorow's storm like every other one we encounter will have a mind of it's own!  Some people will be pleasantly suprised and jumping for joy, others will be disapointed and trying to creat sub-groups of others that share in their event's misery.  The bottom line is we all share the same passion for snow, so instead of being jealous of what the others guys got and what you didn't, try thinking good thoughts and warm wishes during the holiday season.  A little good karma may help you on the backed end.

My prediction for Saturday 3" for Annapolis.  The water temp is 40 degrees at the mouth of the Severn right now and the Bay will be your savior for the colder temps needed to make frozen precip this winter!  You heard it here first!

Good post. I feel about the same, I love snow no matter who and where. Heck, I've spent the last 10 minutes looking at the pics on the Hill. They are getting pounded!  Am I jealous? Nope, but would love to be there! :) I enjoy the banter and joshing myself, that helps make us 'group together' in a way. Sometimes it gets a bit out of hand, that is what the mods are for. Like you said, just enjoy the snow folks.

I am only at 4 inches and we live in the same city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will join you. Ravensrule can troll elsewhere with his weird double what I have total from the same area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol there is a reason that you are by far the biggest jerk on this board. Thank the lord i do not live in the same city as you, i live in Baltimore County and i live on the NW side of town not the NE like you  :facepalm: .

Lol there is a reason that you are by far the biggest jerk on this board. Thank the lord i do not live in the same city as you, i live in Baltimore County and i live on the NW side of town not the NE like you  :facepalm: .

Just out of curiosity didnt you measure 7 last Sunday?

Yep, but I usually lose that battle.  I'm sure it will happen again sooner or later.

Elevation is a pretty good trump card too.

This is what people dont get. Its about elevation in the Mid Atlantic. And it doesnt take a lot of it. Mt. Weather averages twice the snow of Purcellville and its 5 miles away. If you are a snow lover move north or west and commute.

And all in a storm that wasn't going to produce snow.  Amazing.

Yeah I was definitely saying no snow... I had a melt down on Sunday morning before it started snowing... I refused to believe it... even when the radar was obviously showing snow... I was posting on JB2 and DT proclaiming that everyone busted including LWX.... I am the biggest weenie out there... usually if there is even the remote possibility of flakes.. I am going big... just shows how the last 2 winters screwed me up in the head big time... and then folks in the I81 corridor started reporting moderate snow and immediate stickage... as soon as I got done ranting and raving... I realized how wrong I was... then when it over performed... I was floored... but I couldnt be happier with being as wrong as I was... Sunday was a great storm.

NAM and GFS have been remarkably consistent the last two or three runs.

There's a margin around this southern end that could leave some happy and others saying WTF!

Just don't define either group to keep everyone happy. 

I'm shooting for 1/2" that melts slowly in the rain. 

Archived