Newest Member
    joxey
The 12/14-15 The bad pattern storm

Ji

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

winter storm warning fail :(

meh.  As I recall for Northern Baltimore this past Tuesday, we went from a WSW to a WWA only to go up to a warning overnight.  However, as many have said, its not even Dec 15 yet.  I'll take anything to add to the trace + 7.5" +2.5" = 10+ inches we received at Chestnut Ridge this past week.  We only need 2" to break a foot in less than one week.  

meh.  As I recall for Northern Baltimore this past Tuesday, we went from a WSW to a WWA only to go up to a warning overnight.  However, as many have said, its not even Dec 15 yet.  I'll take anything to add to the trace + 7.5" +2.5" = 10+ inches we received at Chestnut Ridge this past week.  We only need 2" to break a foot in less than one week.  

Yeah, I know. We shall see!

I will send you all the warning level snow pictures you need to satisfy your fix from 1 exit up I 83!

Just post them in PA, I'll be checking in ;)

winter storm warning fail :(

Don't worry. You'll most likely be added overnight. You're in a better location than most of southern Carroll County. Parkton and the rest of northern Baltimore County will almost always receive more snow than places like Eldersburg, Sykesville and Finksburg. Mt. Airy however has good elevation so even though they are in the southern part of the county they always do well. With this event, you being in a more northern location should buy you more time with zero line.

LWX should have definitely included northern Baltimore with this warning although I have some doubts about how well we'll do with this one, but we are on a roll so maybe we will luck out again. Another area that should be included is the northern part of Harford County in places like Norrisville but LWX doesn't split that county up like they do with Baltimore County. Most northern Harford location have good elevation and do every bit as well as northern Baltimore and Carroll Counties. Not to be too critical of LWX, but they don't always take the most logical approach.

Archived