• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Second Wave: Dec 10 (Model Discussion)

stormtracker

I like how the northern folks are starting to sweat when they know they are going to get banded from hell.  Its gonna end up farther north.

Honestly I hope you guys bullseye, from DC to usedtobeland.... you guys haven't seen a 3"+ event in ages, I don't mind getting fringed this time.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be best snow for me since Dec 2010 in Norfolk when we got 17 inches. I can't wait. I am so excited. If NAM verifies, IAD to DC is in for great fun tomm. I will take the extra vacation day in stride

Centreville is a good spot for most of the higher producing snows.  Totals here typically run a bit more that what is reported at IAD.

I like how the northern folks are starting to sweat when they know they are going to get banded from hell. Its gonna end up farther north.

Honestly I hope you guys bullseye, from DC to usedtobeland.... you guys haven't seen a 3"+ event in ages, I don't mind getting fringed this time.

You shut your mouth, unless you are back at school. Then I'll forgive you

With laser focus centered around a stripe as wide as the beltway, I just want to point out that I'm thrilled there is a large expanse of relatively uniform distribution leading into an all snow event. There will be few losers like me, matt(s), Ian, etc like the last storm and almost every othe storm since Jan 2011.

Nice old school storm. 3-6 inches across a wide area with solid, not historic cold.

Buddy1987, on 09 Dec 2013 - 8:57 PM, said:Buddy1987, on 09 Dec 2013 - 8:57 PM, said:

Hour 17 is awesome for my area has 1/2" qpf with 850's to the south of me god I am praying right now

Per soundings on 0z NAM, we switch over at 14hrs on the NAM and it's looking heavy too.

qcv6.png

NWIpyXQ.png

surface temps are a bit warm it seems

I'm hoping that since we have clear skies tonight, we will cool down nicely before clouds begin to move in. I'd hate to miss this just because our surface is too warm. Complete opposite of what happened yesterday with the freezing rain.

Maybe after 0Z NAM, if it stays the same look as before, they'll nudge the range to be 3-6" and throw up the warning before the news cycle. 

We've definitely had warnings issued at around 9-9:30 pm before (before the rest of the 0Z model runs come in).

I wavered as the 0Z NAM was coming in. Somehow my guess about the way LWX works ended up exactly right...

Archived