• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The Second Wave: Dec 10 (Model Discussion)

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all due respect...starting a thread because of a feel good happy hour threat is precarious at best. 

But I hope it FOOKIN happens. Semi all in till 0z. 

It's been there for a while as you know..18z GFS just went all medieval on it

It's been there for a while as you know..18z GFS just went all medieval on it

Well, it has been there and we've commented on it but kind of in passing fashion at best. Now the gfs (18z of all runs) jacked it full of silver iodide. Threadworthy? I guess we've had worse ones...and I love tracking flurries anyway. Seriously. I do. 

Well, it has been there and we've commented on it but kind of in passing fashion at best. Now the gfs (18z of all runs) jacked it full of silver iodide. Threadworthy? I guess we've had worse ones...and I love tracking flurries anyway. Seriously. I do. 

It has to start being there consistently.  This is the second day it has played peek-a-boo with us.  Sharp gradient for a wave to ride on and a lot can change

What you thinking for us northern folks? I feel so dumb being in this area and not knowing what to really expect

Just remember that you average almost twice as much snow as DCA (the point of reference for most mid-Atlantic posters and CWG articles) and that you'll be better off 99% of the time, unless something is suppressed.

Marginal events with mixing are your friend :)

What you thinking for us northern folks? I feel so dumb being in this area and not knowing what to really expect

These next couple events are the sort in which you'll do well. I could easily see you getting 4 inches if DCA gets 1.

Being patient is sometimes hard. In these storms, huffwx will be reporting snow for hours before you even have flurries. It can be a little disheartening reading posts from people in southern and central VA talking about the back edge and under-perfoming before your snow even starts...

the main reason why I believe the tail end wave chances is what's going on tonight and tomorrow

there are 2 waves traveling up the front, the 1st giving snow to eastern Lakes/OH and the 2nd NE

so, if the SE ridge/gradient pattern can assist/contribute to 2 of these waves moving up the front to our west, then over us, it does sound reasonable that the SE ridge will continue its fight and give us some action as the front reaches the coast

that's my story and I'm sticking with it; anybody who says otherwise is full of CARP

I agree Mitch. In a typical setup the boundary would get pushed much further east after wave 2 but the h5 pattern is something we don't normally see. We fair a decent chance at still being in the path but I have some doubts about how much precip will be associated with it even if we bullseye. Still fun to watch and who knows. Maybe this is the year that things trend in our favor leading up. Kinda like 09-10 but 1/10th scale

I agree Mitch. In a typical setup the boundary would get pushed much further east after wave 2 but the h5 pattern is something we don't normally see. We fair a decent chance at still being in the path but I have some doubts about how much precip will be associated with it even if we bullseye. Still fun to watch and who knows. Maybe this is the year that things trend in our favor leading up. Kinda like 09-10 but 1/10th scale

I'm only getting 7.5" this year. :(

Archived