• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Second Wave: Dec 10 (Model Discussion)

stormtracker

Checking the high res precip maps it looks like a solid .3 - .4 though most of the area 95 and W. Precip maxes near higher terrain like parrs and wnwxluvr but it would definitely be more than a conversational event as is. The euro basically tells us to quit talking nonsense. We'll see if that improves this afternoon. 

I'll probably end up with more hope than snow, but I'm all in

I will say too that the SE ridge is flexing its muscles last couple runs to a point where if it does develop, it may develop too much to the point of rain

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You beat me to it, no precip and temps in the mid 30s at 84 hrs. 

It's wrong...throw it out.    Remember, DT says the Euro is unreliable under 84 hours....now how that makes sense, especially since it's great after 84 hours, is not important.    The NAM is due for a win.    Due should always be factored into science.  

It's wrong...throw it out.    Remember, DT says the Euro is unreliable under 84 hours....now how that makes sense, especially since it's great after 84 hours, is not important.    The NAM is due for a win.    Due should always be factored into science.  

and the redskins are due for a win, how do think that's gonna work out.   Right now I'd lean towards the good Dr.

The srefs show the Tues event to a degree. Actually quite a bit more robust than the previous run.

The Euro may end up correct, but we saw earlier this year what happens when you have one model on its own with a forecast.

24 hr qpf for this "event"

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=087ℑ=data%2Fsref%2F15%2Fsref_namer_087_precip_p24.gif&model=sref&area=namer&param=precip_p24&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=

The srefs show the Tues event to a degree. Actually quite a bit more robust than the previous run.

The Euro may end up correct, but we saw earlier this year what happens when you have one model on its own with a forecast.

Dude it's gonna happen. Srefs looking good. Just a matter of time before Wes is all in. Happy hour NAM is about to blow the doors off this place. Join me. Be bold. All in.

Archived