• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The Second Wave: Dec 10 (Model Discussion)

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably end up wetter. Look at the last two.

funny, if you compare the radar now and the sim rad of the NAM at 36 hrs, it's uncanny how similar they look

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=036ℑ=data%2Fnam%2F18%2Fnam_namer_036_sim_radar.gif&model=nam&area=namer&param=sim_radar&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M

current radar

http://www.wunderground.com/maps/#?type=Radar

It isn't that hard to get winter weather here. It's precip that's hard. The trend of these precip events since October is they over produce with precip. If that continues we're in for a big winter.

After today's nightmare I'm ready to join the weenies on this one.

The pure irony is I got 1.5 solid with a sleet topper. Exactly what I was hoping for. But then I see the reports out n-w and I'm like wtf?

But the sledding hill was super fast and fun. My kids could could care less about what happened out West. I guess I'm less mature than a 9 year old. Lol

The pure irony is I got 1.5 solid with a sleet topper. Exactly what I was hoping for. But then I see the reports out n-w and I'm like wtf?

But the sledding hill was super fast and fun. My kids could could care less about what happened out West. I guess I'm less mature than a 9 year old. Lol

you better be or you're outta' our club!

Your first sentence is pretty much how I feel about what happened today. An inch with ice on top is what I expected. But the stuff that happened out by Winchester and up in Murrlyn let a taste in my mouth as if I'd just eaten a s*** sandwich.

I'm ball deep in Tuesday, so it's too late to go back now. Just hoping for a money shot to finish it off.

Just sat down and looked at the gfs panels. 1016 closed contour in the carolinas. Yea, 1016 is about as strong as the skins D but the fact that it has the circulation is noteworthy. You know, deform band somewhere to the NW. UVVs!!!1!!1

Weekend threat looking more interesting. Yea, it's a slightly frozen start to rain but lp passing to the S and HP to the north. And 5+ days away and stuff. We got a thread for that yet? I tried to find it but it might be on page 3.

Just sat down and looked at the gfs panels. 1016 closed contour in the carolinas. Yea, 1016 is about as strong as the skins D but the fact that it has the circulation is noteworthy. You know, deform band somewhere to the NW. UVVs!!!1!!1

Weekend threat looking more interesting. Yea, it's a slightly frozen start to rain but lp passing to the S and HP to the north. And 5+ days away and stuff. We got a thread for that yet? I tried to find it but it might be on page 3.

It's plenty cold enough on the Euro, it just passes underneath us and gives snow to NC, VA and Delmarva

plenty of time

Archived