• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Second Wave: Dec 10 (Model Discussion)

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It;s a bit less I think..0.35 - 0.4?....doesnt matter that much...I think 0.3 to 0.4" is a reasonable expectation....which will get most of us 3-5"

Splitting hairs but I zoomed in as much as I could and .45 barely includes Arlington/Alexandria/SW & SE DC.  I'm going all in with 4-6" ;)

ETA:  Zoomed in screenshot over DC

post-3516-0-61095000-1386647261_thumb.pn

From Ryan Maue on Twitter. RAP from now till tomorrow at 4pm.  I just threw up.

BbGPFnzCQAAZAGU.png

I remember the RAP with the last storm. Just because it shows me a soln I dont like as much as other models, does not mean I should throw it out. The HRRR and Rap called it last storm, only 12 hrs out. I am adjusting my expectations down some. This storm is not about me at all. I hope if it verifies, I hope Leesburg gets buried in fresh snow

I remember the RAP with the last storm. Just because it shows me a soln I dont like as much as other models, does not mean I should throw it out. The HRRR and Rap called it last storm, only 12 hrs out. I am adjusting my expectations down some.

Jeb, the RAP changes every hour....literally with each new run

I never look at it , frankly, but others seem to use well

I remember the RAP with the last storm. Just because it shows me a soln I dont like as much as other models, does not mean I should throw it out. The HRRR and Rap called it last storm, only 12 hrs out. I am adjusting my expectations down some. This storm is not about me at all. I hope if it verifies, I hope Leesburg gets buried in fresh snow

lol

I remember just a short time ago everyone was panicking that the RAP and HRRR showed the best precip from the last storm going into southern PA. That didn't really happen. I do think the best banding will be between DCA and PA line. Runs showing it south of DCA are likely to suddenly shift next cycle or just end up wrong. Usually when DCA itself gets heavy precip the line NW of the cities gets nuked. I expect hours and hours of SN+ obs from sparky and the Frederick crew.

Archived