• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Second Wave: Dec 10 (Model Discussion)

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I've learned with the NAM (I'm sure the vets know this too), What I take from the NAM isn't the location or amount of precip, just the fact that it shows a mesoscale band forming run after run. Basically there's going to be a thin stripe of 6-9" imo, however where that is won't be known until tomorrow morning when you see the radar. What the NAM shows right now means nothing except for the idea that there will be a "death" band, or shall we call it the "death train" since it will be training precip not stalling. 

Something I've learned with the NAM (I'm sure the vets know this too), What I take from the NAM isn't the location or amount of precip, just the fact that it shows a mesoscale band forming run after run. Basically there's going to be a thin stripe of 6-9" imo, however where that is won't be known until tomorrow morning when you see the radar. What the NAM shows right now means nothing except for the idea that there will be a "death" band, or shall we call it the "death train" since it will be training precip not stalling. 

It would be nice to keep the runs from tonight and see which one is proven the most accurate after tomorrow!

This will be best snow for me since Dec 2010 in Norfolk when we got 17 inches. I can't wait. I am so excited. If NAM verifies, IAD to DC is in for great fun tomm. I will take the extra vacation day in stride

you don't want to really mention that storm too much now that ur up here......just sayin'

With laser focus centered around a stripe as wide as the beltway, I just want to point out that I'm thrilled there is a large expanse of relatively uniform distribution leading into an all snow event. There will be few losers like me, matt(s), Ian, etc like the last storm and almost every othe storm since Jan 2011.

I like how the northern folks are starting to sweat when they know they are going to get banded from hell.  Its gonna end up farther north.

Anyone in your area worried is crazy, I am even thinking I might do alright all the way up here with this given the high ratios likely towards the NW fringe of the precip shield.  I think this has a relatively low probability of bust in your area given the usually ability to suck at snow.  I think as long as people arent too crazy about expectations, and are happy with more then 3" most will be happy.  Enjoy the snow tomorrow!

Anyone in your area worried is crazy, I am even thinking I might do alright all the way up here with this given the high ratios likely towards the NW fringe of the precip shield.  I think this has a relatively low probability of bust in your area given the usually ability to suck at snow.  I think as long as people arent too crazy about expectations, and are happy with more then 3" most will be happy.  Enjoy the snow tomorrow!

when did you move? better area for snow? though I doubt Manchester could be much worse with its elevation

Archived