• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The Second Wave: Dec 10 (Model Discussion)

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did a little research on the Jan 2011 storm, and found this snipit in the post.."Wednesday’s blowing storm wasn’t as heavy as last year’s “snowmageddon,” when back-to-back blizzards paralyzed the area and much of the rest of the Northeast. But it did dump 4 to 10 inches of heavy, wet snow across the Washington region — twice what had been forecast for inside the Capital Beltway in Tuesday’s forecasts."

Sounds similar so far

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jan/27/snowstorm-leaves-dc-area-feeling-powerless/#ixzz2n1A1quHF
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Am I asking too much for some thunder to mix in at some point tomorrow?  Any chance of that type of instability?

I'll defer here but there is plenty of vertical motion being modeled. It's pretty dynamic. However, I think we need a rapidly deepening surface low nearby or just off the coast. I don't see that on the models. 

I'll defer here but there is plenty of vertical motion being modeled. It's pretty dynamic. However, I think we need a rapidly deepening surface low nearby or just off the coast. I don't see that on the models.

I haven't seen thunder and lightning in a snow since March of 95. I'd love to see it again.

There's like no discussion going on whatsoever in the southeast thread for the obvious reason however seeing a how my area has several viewers that are kind of stuck in the middle of both discussion boards do you guys feel like Blacksburg is covering there a** with that advisory or do you feel like dynamics and rates can overcome a borderline 2m display as shown on the 20-22 hour panel on the 18z nam. I would love to see some snow.

Time for a new OBS thread?  Should be one big happy hour tomorrow.  Looking forward to it...

actually.. let's do that. start a new one for obs and let's just run this till we're done with models. i dont believe in the 1000 post rule anyway.

Archived