• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The Second Wave: Dec 10 (Model Discussion)

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this may sound stupid and im sure  ill get lynched for it, but im gonna go out on a limb and say   that someones getting in excess of 10 inches  tomorrow,  with the way the mesoscale banding is,  I just gotta feeling that    this storm will over perform.  and those in the banding will  really see some big numbers, wouldn't be surprised to see someone in double digits( 10 or more). just my moronic opinion, ok now let me hear it...

this may sound stupid and im sure  ill get lynched for it, but im gonna go out on a limb and say   that someones getting in excess of 10 inches  tomorrow,  with the way the mesoscale banding is,  I just gotta feeling that    this storm will over perform.  and those in the banding will  really see some big numbers, wouldn't be surprised to see someone in double digits( 10 or more). just my moronic opinion, ok now let me hear it...

Not totally out of the realm of possibility in one or two locations (not like how 7" was "widespread" yesterday). It would be out west where ratios would be 12 or 15 to 1.

No lynching for this, as blueapple says, it's within the realm of possibility albeit on the very high end.  Earlier I said I believe someone's going to see 8" from this wherever the best banding sets up.  The question is where.  But most people will see the likes of 2-5" or maybe 3-6"

No lynching for this, as blueapple says, it's within the realm of possibility albeit on the very high end.  Earlier I said I believe someone's going to see 8" from this wherever the best banding sets up.  The question is where.  But most people will see the likes of 2-5" or maybe 3-6"

I was thinking n  a general 3-6, but  someone gonna hit the jack pot where   the high ratios are

Don't forget how short the window of best rates are. The precip window is 6-7 hours at best. To hit 10" you would need 2"/hr rates for 4 of them and still mod snow the other 2. That's asking an awful lot.

If people start reporting thunder and lightening the there is a chance. Otherwise, I agree with terp, an 8" lolli is best case and still far from betting odds.

Don't forget how short the window of best rates are. The precip window is 6-7 hours at best. To hit 10" you would need 2"/hr rates for 4 of them and still mod snow the other 2. That's asking an awful lot.

If people start reporting thunder and lightening the there is a chance. Otherwise, I agree with terp, an 8" lolli is best case and still far from betting odds.

ive heard  reports this storm  may go 8-9 hrs from about 4 am to 2-3 pm IMBY

ive never seen a forecast( like mine in sparrows point md)  from  the NWS  that says , snow heavy at times and talks about rates of 1-2 inches an our at times, yet.. im in a WWA?  kinda weird

Kind of a transplant - in S/C Jersey a 3 - 5" snowfall would bring a WSW  (where there  is a WWA for 2-4 ") - confused that a WWA w/ 3-5" does not support a WSW in Bel Air - MD, especially because of dynamics and morning commute (1-2" hr per hour)... Usually up North there is a higher threshold for a warning vs an advisory... 

Archived