amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Banter for the End of October

CT Rain

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the answer is simple. Just keep the toaster bath comments and casual sh*t in the banter thread. It doesn't mean the disco threads have to be in communist control, just the real banter stuff staying in the banter threads.

Overall I agree. But the problem is there are 2 mods that have been deleting posts from a banter thread. We keep it in the banter thread and it still gets deleted? Someone riddle me that

"in combination with the catering to trolls mentality" (HM)

As someone who's here often looking for insight into the weather as opposed to encountering a self-congratulatory old boy network, the inhouse, troll appeasing crapola here is truly off-putting.

HM is right. The court jester here gets thrown too many bananas, and as long as he does, he'll keep performing.

As someone who's here often looking for insight into the weather as opposed to encountering a self-congratulatory old boy network, the inhouse, troll appeasing crapola here is truly off-putting.

HM is right. The court jester here gets thrown too many bananas, and as long as he does, he'll keep performing.

Your location ?

Overall I agree. But the problem is there are 2 mods that have been deleting posts from a banter thread. We keep it in the banter thread and it still gets deleted? Someone riddle me that

My apologies, would you like for me to un-delete your riveting post that you just happened to rehash this AM?  My reasoning for removing it last night was not becasue I dislike you, but to not create an issue between forums.  I had no idea where the "other" posts were last night that you referenced and I went searching for them but could no locate them till this AM with the help of Adam.  FYI, I had removed a couple other posts int the Philly forum referencing your post from last night too until it could be dealt with.  We as mods aren't relegated to policing our own forums.  If we see posts around the site that are against the rules or we feel should be removed, we do so.

Also, a banter thread does not give free reign t post at will.  You still need to follow the forum terms and conditions as well as basic forum rules.  So anything that we deem offensive can/should/will be removed.

You only have 70 posts, therefore what you say is irrelevant and not open to discussion within the old boys network.

[kidding] :pimp:

why? it doesn't have to be a big deal. 

YES it does!  Can't tone anything down a bit without ripping out all the fun and becoming a communist slave camp. 

I think the answer is simple. Just keep the toaster bath comments and casual sh*t in the banter thread. It doesn't mean the disco threads have to be in communist control, just the real banter stuff staying in the banter threads.

Yeah its not that hard.  I am guilty of the same stuff that Tropopause and Forky were commenting on (I think most of us are) with trolling in response to just ridiculous or inane comments that really hold no weight.  That's my pet peeve (the vague weather-related-but-not-overly-accurate posts meant just to stir the pot) and so we are bound to butt heads just like he is with everyone else it seems, lol.

But its obvious that isn't going to change, so we need to learn to deal with it.  Hopefully we can keep the "wheeeeeee" and "Deep winter/summer incoming" posts out of the "Discussion Thread."  Or at least post a map or a model run with some analysis as to why that weather is coming or not coming.

My apologies, would you like for me to un-delete your riveting post that you just happened to rehash this AM?  My reasoning for removing it last night was not becasue I dislike you, but to not create an issue between forums.  I had no idea where the "other" posts were last night that you referenced and I went searching for them but could no locate them till this AM with the help of Adam.  FYI, I had removed a couple other posts int the Philly forum referencing your post from last night too until it could be dealt with.  We as mods aren't relegated to policing our own forums.  If we see posts around the site that are against the rules or we feel should be removed, we do so.

Also, a banter thread does not give free reign t post at will.  You still need to follow the forum terms and conditions as well as basic forum rules.  So anything that we deem offensive can/should/will be removed.

I just want to see these posts that are being discussed.  Sounds like the perfect time to make the "deleted posts" thread, and start with these mystery posts.

- Thanks.

I just want to see these posts that are being discussed.  Sounds like the perfect time to make the "deleted posts" thread, and start with these mystery posts.

- Thanks.

Again, the deleted posts thread idea might be a real good idea of showing folks what type of posts get moved.  I'm not saying move personal attacks or something in there (delete what you need to from the forum) but it would be nice to see what gets moved and why.  I'm sure a pattern would develop over time.

More then likely, They will be up, Polyethylene Resin has been on the increase and it is a derivative of Natural Gas

The futures market and its relation to weather has always interested me. I could see a guy like Will making tons of money in there. If I had some extra ching it would be fun to gamble in there, of course there are so many variables and socio economic forces too but in quiet world times ( are there any? it would be  some fun) of course there are sites where you can bet on the weather too.

Archived