Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Banter for the End of October

CT Rain

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The futures market and its relation to weather has always interested me. I could see a guy like Will making tons of money in there. If I had some extra ching it would be fun to gamble in there, of course there are so many variables and socio economic forces too but in quiet world times ( are there any? it would be  some fun) of course there are sites where you can bet on the weather too.

As more and more make the switch to NG, Prices will continue to climb, Most of you power generating facilities, As the went away from nuclear and coal, Are now for the most part being driven by NG, There was even a point last year that was kept hush hush where we were close to a shortage here in the Northeast

As more and more make the switch to NG, Prices will continue to climb, Most of you power generating facilities, As the went away from nuclear and coal, Are now for the most part being driven by NG, There was even a point last year that was kept hush hush where we were close to a shortage here in the Northeast

think prices climb with all the fracking they are doing? Would think there's a glut for many years to come even if there is some conversion to NG on a commercial level.   As a residential customer of NG, I've never seem prices cheaper.   If you do the conversion it's like .75/gallon vs close to $4/gallong for oil.

hey everybody, new poster here. My name is Brett. Have lurked some during storms, and figured I would jump in and join the fun. love learning about weather, and look forward to interacting with everyone. Seems like a great environment to learn a lot, and have some fun.

Welcome aboard!  Sorry for the mess in here as we try to sort through some issues.  Nice to have a fellow Tauntonite here.

think prices climb with all the fracking they are doing? Would think there's a glut for many years to come even if there is some conversion to NG on a commercial level.   As a residential customer of NG, I've never seem prices cheaper.   If you do the conversion it's like .75/gallon vs close to $4/gallong for oil.

You need to have ways to transport it, A lot of these pipelines need to be upgraded to be able to handle the demand, The foreign market is placing a heavy burden on NG derivative polyethylene, Which in turn is driving up the prices in that market and will eventually raise prices on NG

hey everybody, new poster here. My name is Brett. Have lurked some during storms, and figured I would jump in and join the fun. love learning about weather, and look forward to interacting with everyone. Seems like a great environment to learn a lot, and have some fun.

You are not part of the oldboys club and are unwelcome here.

[kidding. I'm on a roll today!]

You need to have ways to transport it, A lot of these pipelines need to be upgraded to be able to handle the demand, The foreign market is placing a heavy burden on NG derivative polyethylene, Which in turn is driving up the prices in that market and will eventually raise prices on NG

valid points.  There's a move to widen a pipeline down here that cuts through CT and NY.   NY folks against it...

valid points.  There's a move to widen a pipeline down here that cuts through CT and NY.   NY folks against it...

That is one of the biggest problems, Is building new gas lines and or replacing the exsisiting, Know one wants it cutting thru their BY, The lines that are in place need to be upgraded to handle the higher pressure to increase the flow for the demand

I like this forum, I can certainly say I've learned a lot reading here and it definitely gives off a "comfortable" environmental feel, in terms of being able to ask questions to the knowledgable folks in the forum. Yeah, folks screw around at times (generally when things are boring or not yet in a confident range) but I've always been able to tell the difference between the banter and serious stuff.

I see NG too, crazy stuff on the floors. Bet some good energy mets cleaned up last week. Never doubt the power of a recurve super typhoon to drive troughs deeper than initially modeled. I would have made some dough last week when the mehs were being thrown around like Eli interceptions. (side note as soon as I typed Eli, interceptions came up as a suggested word, how bad is that for a Giants fan like me)

Archived