Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Banter for the End of October

CT Rain

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few days ago, a friend of mine who went to Lyndon State when I was there and is now a meteorologist out in OK sent me a message on facebook.  He is friends with the founder of Geoenvironmental Atmosphere.  He was looking someone to fill in a position of forecasting for CT/MA/RI area...updating the facebook page, along with contributing to the main website composing forecasts.  They are also branching out in the private sector as well.  Anyways, my friend referred to me and after sending him some information about myself, my goals when it comes to forecasting, and showing him my blog and my past write-ups he was quite impressed and I'm now part of the team!  This isn't a paid position right now but with the branching out in the private sector, it may very well start generating my some money, perhaps by the winter.  I just spoke with him on the phone today and just getting setup and all but this is an incredible, incredible opportunity!  

Hey, that's awesome Paul, congrats!

lol.  Yeah, I saw the REO video and figured as much.

...oh, and in case I forgot, lol again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9hO25z1Fu8

You know if you break my heart I'll go

But I'll be back again

Cos I told you once before goodbye

But I came back again

I love you so

I'm the one who wants you

Yes, I'm the one

Who wants you, oh ho, oh ho, oh

You could find better things to do

Than to break my heart again

This time I will try to show that I'm

Not trying to pretend

I thought that you would realize

That if I ran away from you

That you would want me too

But I got a big surprise

Oh ho, oh ho, oh

You could find better things to do

Than to break my heart again

This time I will try to show that I'm

Not trying to pretend

I wanna go but I hate to leave you,

You know I hate to leave you , oh ho, oh ho, oh

You, if you break my heart I'll go

But I'll be back again

Exactly rote boredom is what some are looking for sci.geo.meterology.net

LOL. I don't think that's it at all. It's more the embellishment and/or very liberal interpretations of wx products (models, forecasts) that cause some of us to respond to him.

He drives the discussion though through that style, and I don't think anyone would want him to leave. He also adds a nice layer of comic relief to the board. I'm sure he's a great guy and fun guy in real life, and I hope to meet him and other SNE'ers at some point.

Biggest hail I've ever seen; tornado passed 2 miles to our south. Check out the first Monson pics in the June 1 tornado thread posted that evening, that I took about 45 minutes after it hit downtown.

How large was the hail you got?

I went up to Monson the day after the tornado hit, and seeing the destruction first-hand was just surreal.

He drives the discussion though through that style, and I don't think anyone would want him to leave. He also adds a nice layer of comic relief to the board. I'm sure he's a great guy and fun guy in real life, and I hope to meet him and other SNE'ers at some point.

Are you coming to the G2G?

It seems like we need to start a "Where's Kevin" thread...

How large was the hail you got?

I went up to Monson the day after the tornado hit, and seeing the destruction first-hand was just surreal.

I still see the destruction every time I go to Woodstock...getting off at exit 10 on the Mass Pike in Sturbridge and the damage is still amazing there where it passed through Sturbridge/Southbridge. There's one vantage point looking down the path of the TOR where all you see to the horizon is trees missing their crowns, snapped halfway up. That's not regrowing anytime soon.

I still see the destruction every time I go to Woodstock...getting off at exit 10 on the Mass Pike in Sturbridge and the damage is still amazing there where it passed through Sturbridge/Southbridge. There's one vantage point looking down the path of the TOR where all you see to the horizon is trees missing their crowns, snapped halfway up. That's not regrowing anytime soon.

Yeah, it's amazing how you can see the clear path of the tornado over 2 years later...

Archived