• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Banter for the End of October

CT Rain

thanks all, don't mind the extra time/miles,  i had heard 495 can have problems, but it sounds like it is the best option . game is at Andover HS (MS?) 80 Shawsheen road - looks like we can take exit for Rt 28 to get there from 495

yup rt 28 goes right through downtown andover. 

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Growing up in that area, that is about the only thing that area does well (for a winter wx lover) that is > than the surrounding areas. How many times growing up did i wish i was 5 freakin miles nw/wnw (i lived on nw side of raynham).

What street?

I would disagree on not getting anything wx wise.  Blizzards and TCs are this areas extremes.

Just makes all of us look bad. 

I understand what Ginx is saying, but I completely agree with you here. In a world where people are believing more and more about what they read and see online, throwing **** to see what sticks brings the whole field's credibility down. This includes things like Accuweather's 45 day forecast (deterministic forecasts masquerading as scientifically skillful at that range is just as bad as building up a day 7+ storm).

I understand what Ginx is saying, but I completely agree with you here. In a world where people are believing more and more about what they read and see online, throwing **** to see what sticks brings the whole field's credibility down. This includes things like Accuweather's 45 day forecast (deterministic forecasts masquerading as scientifically skillful at that range is just as bad as building up a day 7+ storm).

That's the challenge going forward is that there are so many sources (and ways to get) weather information that the reliable stuff will get lost in the noise. It hurts all our credibility and when you get crap like this for things like hurricanes and tornadoes it can start doing a lot of harm.

That's the challenge going forward is that there are so many sources (and ways to get) weather information that the reliable stuff will get lost in the noise. It hurts all our credibility and when you get crap like this for things like hurricanes and tornadoes it can start doing a lot of harm.

All you have to do is read a few comments on those types of pages and you see that people honestly believe they are getting the best possible information.

After enough fails you'd think people would realize though...

That's the trick with those types of "forecasts" before the first one busts, you're already onto the next event. People forget just how wrong you were. Kind of like live TV coverage of "breaking news" these days.

That page happens to have only 2,000 fewer fans than our official page for instance. And those 4,000+ shares and 400+ likes ensure that this post is more likely to show up in someone's news feed than one of ours (I realize they are completely different regions).

damn good thing FB Twitter were not around when we were 15, we were all super weenies at one time. I understand your frustration but reality is its everywhere.

It's embarrassing for meteorology when you see **** like that...and, yeah, meteorologists have a right to be in a tizzy over it.

Would love to see them start calling these morons out publicly. A lil "public shame" would go a long way to toning down the stupidity.

Did someone delete my post about what HM and Adam said about all of Sne posters?

Yes I did.  So what?

Did you get a chance to see the nasty things those 2 had to say about us?

Nasty?  LOL.  If you have someone like HM saying here are issues in our sub-forum you should listen to what he has to say.  What they both said are true and that's what's fallen on deaf ears in here.  This place has a disease of trolling and poster stagnancy.  I loved it when we had posters like HM posting in here and some here went and ruined that.  That's everyone's loss as I would not want to see someone like him leave this forum altogether.  What's sad is this sub-forum is content to keep the status quo.

Yes I did.  So what?

Nasty?  LOL.  If you have someone like HM saying here are issues in our sub-forum you should listen to what he has to say.  What they both said are true and that's what's fallen on deaf ears in here.  This place has a disease of trolling and poster stagnancy.  I loved it when we had posters like HM posting in here and some here went and ruined that.  That's everyone's loss as I would not want to see someone like him leave this forum altogether.  What's sad is this sub-forum is content to keep the status quo.

Whats sad is its not true and Adam wants nothing to do with anyone without a tag or PSU after their name. HM is awesome but not hard to find his thoughts anywhere and as I said a million times you guys need to work on the main page to get his type discussions front and center. oh yea and where the hell were the Mods when HM was supposedly run off. Get real

Archived