joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Banter for the End of October

CT Rain

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He does go on to say the warmth will return, hopefully not for long.

The warmth always returns somewhat, sometimes for longer than we'd want, I don't think there's ever been a winter where it's nonstop cold/below normal. I have many doubts about seasonal forecasts that call for either cold or warm, just look at how horrible the hurricane season forecasts busted.

I like what I see though with the snow cover in Siberia and the rapid ice growth. I also like what I see on the pacific side with the -EPO, which is probably going to be the number one factor moving forward. The warmth this month has been ridiculous so it's very likely we start to balance out a bit and I'm favoring overall below normal temps for the last third of the month 

One can only imagine how active our threads will be if we can pull another great stormy winter off. With the total absence of a tropical season it will be nice to see this place alive with excitement and weather chatter. Best realtime mets and best knowledgeable hobbyists exist here despite what another mod posted elsewhere today. Hopefully from RIC to Caribou its a full blown deep deep winter filled with snow biting cold and winds. The kind of winter where bitter Warministas are calling for their mommas.

One can only imagine how active our threads will be if we can pull another great stormy winter off. With the total absence of a tropical season it will be nice to see this place alive with excitement and weather chatter. Best realtime mets and best knowledgeable hobbyists exist here despite what another mod posted elsewhere today. Hopefully from RIC to Caribou its a full blown deep deep winter filled with snow biting cold and winds. The kind of winter where bitter Warministas are calling for their mommas.

As much as I love golf, I know I have no hope of getting those sticks out DJF unless I fly to Florida. So I'm all for a blockbuster 90 days.

After that, bring on Morch.

Presumably the above is part of another joke, but just in case it isn’t, have you ever looked at your typical posts? More often than not they’re agenda-driven one-liners, purposely devoid of any sort of reasoned explanation and almost specifically designed to incite criticism from the meteorologists or anyone else that respects the science. Everyone knows this. I think we get it that you’re friends with many of the professionals and moderators in the forum, and they’re cool with the same old shtick, but even to those of us who know it’s all a big game, more and more the flavor of the posts comes in somewhere between disrespectful and insulting. Why in the world many of the posters should have to work hard, sift through the data, and take the time to incorporate maps and other figures into insightful, cogent posts, while others get a pass throwing out what are essentially wishful “tweets”, is beyond me. I’m not saying that there isn’t a place for the “weenie” and “hype” type of weather wish-casting posts, that’s part of what makes the board “fun” for a lot of people, but the banter thread is the perfect place for that instead of the formal weather discussion. As to addressing “why my ideas are challenged and attacked like they are”, line up your last 50 posts, pull out the weenie, the wish-casting, the agenda, the hype, the boredom, and whatever else is filling them up, and look at what’s left. Write some sincere, well-researched, Tip-style posts and see what sort of response you get. I think it would be great to put your talents to use in that way instead of just going down the same old road of the last few years.

You dip your way..I'll dip mine

Archived