joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Banter for the End of October

CT Rain

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Bob. It won't be the greatest option, but 128 and 93N are disasters.

Tough travel.  I would agree that 128/93 should be avoided from 3-6pm M-F.  495 would be the better, but longer option.  It won't be free and clear.  There will be traffic in the i-90/495 area, up at the rt 3/495 area and at the rt3/495 area

avoid 128 at all costs. 495 will be busy, but 128/95 and/or 93 would be a disaster on a friday afternoon.

where in andover are you going?  there are a few exits right off 495 that would take you wherever you need to be in andover

thanks all, don't mind the extra time/miles,  i had heard 495 can have problems, but it sounds like it is the best option . game is at Andover HS (MS?) 80 Shawsheen road - looks like we can take exit for Rt 28 to get there from 495

I'm not sure what's happened to you over the last year or so. Def not the same poster you used to be.

Same with you, lol.  Everyone told you that and you said to embrace change, right? 

I've never been just all out cold/snow all the time... I've always been conservative with forecasting and weather.  And really don't like to let emotions into forecasting.

I just don't think the forum is as bad as some of you make it out to be.

Same with you, lol. Everyone told you that and you said to embrace change, right?

I've never been just all out cold/snow all the time... I've always been conservative with forecasting and weather. And really don't like to let emotions into forecasting.

I just don't think the forum is as bad as some of you make it out to be.

just be happy you live in NE

Matt Zwyts is vacationing in your area, posted some sweet pics from BVT and Smuggs.I just got back from a foliage tour of NE CT, was up in Woodstock to Windham country roads, just beautiful.

Nice.  My dad sent me this shot from the camp in North Woodstock.  That's the Woodstock Town Beach across the way.  Looks like peak color down there.  I already miss it up here.  Try to hang onto those leaves as long as possible...it gets bland pretty quickly with views of brown fields leading to brown woods and that stick season look. 

Nice.  My dad sent me this shot from the camp in North Woodstock.  That's the Woodstock Town Beach across the way.  Looks like peak color down there.  I already miss it up here.  Try to hang onto those leaves as long as possible...it gets bland pretty quickly with views of brown fields leading to brown woods and that stick season look. 

attachicon.giflakehouse.jpg

Don't sell stick season short.  It's just kicked off here in GC and I want to savor it for a while before the first snow in hopefully the next month or so.

A horrible 59.5/50 out there.  Hopefully I'll do better than the 51.7* low I had last night.  Just horribly warm.

attachicon.giflakehouse.jpg

Sweet pic!

I've never felt that way on here....ie that they don't want hobbyists here, lol.   

This.

Also, who would pay a premium to have access to this forum anyway? No offense to the people who created this place, as it's a great place to get real information and to have fun and not take things so seriously, but beyond that it's nothing fantastic and not worth paying for.  I donate when I can to help with the costs of running the site, but if I were asked to pay a monthly or yearly subscription fee I would be gone.

Archived