joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Banter for the End of October

CT Rain

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my son has a game in andover MA this friday evening , would welcome thoughts from those who travel 495/128/93 daily during evening rush for options to avoid traffic (if possible). coming up from RI

avoid 128 at all costs. 495 will be busy, but 128/95 and/or 93 would be a disaster on a friday afternoon.

where in andover are you going?  there are a few exits right off 495 that would take you wherever you need to be in andover

my son has a game in andover MA this friday evening , would welcome thoughts from those who travel 495/128/93 daily during evening rush for options to avoid traffic (if possible). coming up from RI

Tough travel.  I would agree that 128/93 should be avoided from 3-6pm M-F.  495 would be the better, but longer option.  It won't be free and clear.  There will be traffic in the i-90/495 area, up at the rt 3/495 area and at the rt3/495 area

maybe where you live still alot of green trees around here..

I would say MBY is well ahead of 2011 in terms of foliage.  Probably on par with the actual storm, except 2 weeks earlier.  I cannot bring myself to cheer against snow but the cleanup took months and is still not done in some places.

It's the best foliage day of the year here, just raining leaves. The yellows and reds are standing out.

Yeah, just got back from a ride through the country-side.  Very near peak with brilliant red, orange and yellow hues -- lots of pop!   

I was wrong like I am just about every autumn when it comes to color.  I always do this;  I think 'oh, it's coming early this year', or, 'its peaking now'

Nope.  Come hell or high water it is almost always centered on the 15th of October for Rt 2 region of Mass.   Here we are, 15th, bam.  

What's going to happen going forward is that there will be late species that come on and offer a kind of secondary plateau peak.  A lot of Oaks willl also turn dark red -- but a lot of Oaks go directly brown too.   

Will this forum become a pay site? Is that the idea?

Seems to be heading that way...  eventually, the interest of profit usually overcomes everything and wedges its influence.  People learn to get by without paying for the extra services, and that won't set well with the direction of the forum's new paradigm. So they'll start imposing a couple-a-buck/Mo minimum usage fee -- could see that happening.

I suspect if they try to go that route, a lot of folks will jump ship.    There are other free forums out there.

no, if the Philly mod has his way only Mets will be around. Us old boys club guys ruin the forum.

Well they are def setting the table to do something along those lines with the way they have changed this place over the last couple of months. I'm not sure what the plan is with pay or not , but something is certainly in the works. For me anyway, much of the fun has vanished. Maybe I'm the only one that feels that way, but I tend to doubt it

Well they are def setting the table to do something along those lines with the way they have changed this place over the last couple of months. I'm not sure what the plan is with pay or not , but something is certainly in the works. For me anyway, much of the fun has vanished. Maybe I'm the only one that feels that way, but I tend to doubt it

you sure post alot for someone who isn't having fun :whistle:

Archived