joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall foliage 2013

Ian

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had some seed put down recently, so with a little watering some of the brown grass has greened up a little and forced me to mow.  Good thing is that when I mow, I also chop up all the leaves that have fallen consistently on my back yard for the last month or so.

Some dogwoods are showing some red, and there are tips of some maples that are yellowing.  There's one dogwood around the corner that looks as if it's been transported to November 1 - it's got almost no leaves left.  Weird.  Maybe it's just dying or something.

There are some trees (dogwoods and maples) with noticeable color out here and burning bushes are pretty red. 

Same here some dogwoods and maples are showing a little color, the "weed" maples in parking lots and such have some decent color on the top half of the trees. Burning bushes have a slight tint of red to them but not Bright red. My forsythia, although young, have some maroonish/purple leaves on them as well. Mums in full bloom

I'd prefer things to stay green for as long as possible.  After that, the trees are bare, lawns go dormant, and we get cold rain punctuated by the very occasional snowfall...with no real recovery until late March.

Mud, brown trees, dead flowers, and lots of crows flying around.  Gotta love it!

I'd prefer things to stay green for as long as possible.  After that, the trees are bare, lawns go dormant, and we get cold rain punctuated by the very occasional snowfall...with no real recovery until late March.

Mud, brown trees, dead flowers, and lots of crows flying around.  Gotta love it!

no bugs, no mowing.  bring it on.

Archived