• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2013 Obs/Disc.

Ellinwood

Holy f***...huge strike right across the street.  I was under the carport with my 8-month-old daughter and she almost handled it better than I did. :lol:

Ran inside immediately. :lol:

I'm just south of you, a few hundred feet north of OKM. Was looking out my front door window. Yea, that was a good one.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daughter just sent me some pictures of where lighnting hit, or hit near, a tree in their yard. The tree has a sliver that is stripped of bark, black burn marks around the stripped area and about a 4'X4' area of ground that is disturbed and burned.  This is in Beltsville. Is there a way I can take those pictures from my e-mail and post here?

BWI Marshall Airport @BWI_Airport 4m

BWI air traffic control tower ops temporarily suspended due to possible local lighting strike. Airline flight ops are temporarily suspended.

Yeah it has been a mess when that happened. We had a lot of diversions at IAD, ORF, PHL, RIC. Intl and domestic carriers. Never seen so many different aircraft here at one point this afternoon. Pretty wild day, well this afternoon, so many people delayed or cancelled. Made me happy that im not with the airlines anymore :lol:

Took this as I left awhile ago, these are just some of the airline cancellations on arrivals

Yeah it has been a mess when that happened. We had a lot of diversions at IAD, ORF, PHL, RIC. Intl and domestic carriers. Never seen so many different aircraft here at one point this afternoon. Pretty wild day, well this afternoon, so many people delayed or cancelled. Made me happy that im not with the airlines anymore :lol:

Took this as I left awhile ago, these are just some of the airline cancellations on arrivals

photo.JPG

Nice pic Dave. Now I'm blind.

:)

Archived