northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
July 2013 Obs/Banter/Disco

Avdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got an additional .30" from that early AM storm which brought my 24 total to 1.65".  It was a long time in coming, but it was a great weather day with 4 separate storms imby  

Round 1 last night 1.27 then surprised an hour ago with another .58

slammed the brakes on the touches of brown grass showing up in IMBY 

this will be a bumper to bumper green summer for sure.

Got an additional .30" from that early AM storm which brought my 24 total to 1.65". It was a long time in coming, but it was a great weather day with 4 separate storms imby

I am just nearing the airport for vacation so appropriate to leave on a rainy night as I wont be in humidity or even clouds again until next month..

I am just nearing the airport for vacation so appropriate to leave on a rainy night as I wont be in humidity or even clouds again until next month..

I'm jealous, although the forecast for the end of the week here looks pretty nice too (should it actually come to pass).  Enjoy!  See if you can bring some of that refreshing air back with you.

I'm jealous, although the forecast for the end of the week here looks pretty nice too (should it actually come to pass). Enjoy! See if you can bring some of that refreshing air back with you.

MOS (which helpful people here led me to) has us in the 54-55 range Fri morning. I'll believe it when I see it, but it's approaching time to at least dream about fall.

I got nothing (0.00). Grass turning crispy brown. I refuse to set out the sprinkler with daily pops of 70-80%. Grass not growing, but weeds taking off.

My grass has been on the downslide for well over a week now.  Luckily I'm OK on weeds.  I just need some rain because I'm stubborn about watering the lawn.  Seems like such a waste.

From weatherunderground daily tidit:

Did you know that...

On this date in 1788, George Washington's weather records apparently recorded the center of a hurricane passing directly over his Mount Vernon home. The storm passed through North Carolina and Virginia before moving further to the northwest.

FYI: Tornado last night in Hartford Co, near Conowingo Dam.

NWUS51 KLWX 240035
LSRLWX

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
834 PM EDT TUE JUL 23 2013

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

1212 AM TORNADO 1 SE DARLINGTON 39.63N 76.18W
07/23/2013 HARFORD MD NWS STORM SURVEY

EF-0. PEAK WIND 80 MPH. MAX WIDTH 100 YARDS. PATH
LENGTH 0.8 MILES. A POLE BARN DESTROYED. MINOR EXTERIOR
DAMAGE TO A HOUSE. TOPPED MANY TREES ALONG PATH. SOME
CROP DAMAGE IN A CORNFIELD.

&&

EVENT NUMBER LWX1300695

Archived