joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashland RWIS is 1/5SM +SN at 33F so Plymouth St is getting ripped.

Getting ripped from Plymouth and south....bet visibility is actually making anyone traveling on I-93 pretty nervous right now.  Those big huge wet flakes pouring down can really be hard to see through, especially at night with headlights hitting those dinner plates.

May25_Plymouth_NH.gif

Low's approaching its greatest dynamically induced depth ... will so over the next 6 hours.   As it continues to pull away N, areas of SNE are seeing rad in weakening trend.  Most area S of the NH/VT/MA borders may in fact go to either drizzle or nothing, soon.  

Areas up N will likely have bands of chilly rain in the valleys, with mixing at mid-drift elevations, and snow above for another 3 to 6 hours, then they will wane to just upslope activity through dawn ... perhaps longer far N.  

With the low being vertically stacked, the mechanics are weakening and output will become increasingly shredded.  Closed lows are fickle, though, and with the slow movement, it's not out of the question that a band or two may try to come farther S.  

Tomorrow could still make a run at 60F at lower elevations.  As the day wears on the clouds will tend to split and end of May sun will easily mangle the cold. 

Impressive week on the MEX guidance.   80s to 90 by Th/Fr

Incredible to see the snow, N, in the meantime!

36F in concord, the snow that hit dendrite should make it there.   Burlington metro stuck in the 40s.  ULL center FTW.

Yep...important consideration this time of year.  Being right under those closed mid-level lows is causing snow to get down to 500ft elevation even though 850mb temps are a few ticks cooler back over Vermont. 

Fascinating meteorology in progress right now.  What a sweet event.

lost power at 11 p.m. two and a quarter inches of snow. 32.4 degrees and snowing lightly trees and branches hanging very low. Amazing how that little amount of snow can cause foliage damage.glad for generator and smartphone technology.

Yeah, I watched in amazement as that happened during the October 2011 storm... it's unreal how little snow it takes for trees to snap. 

38/37 saw flakes mixed in with light rain!

Had about 10 minutes of little flakes of snow mixed in at the tail end of a heavier burst of precip that moved through when the wind started gusting N/NW. Stars and moon becoming visible now with quick clearing.

Woke my poor wife up to to see (and confirm) the flakes. Immediately made me bring a bunch of potted plants into the gargage. lol

Was probably only 10/90 or less sn/ra but just amazing to see on Memorial day weekend! I'm pretty low el' so I'm assuming anybody awake in the hilltowns got a treat.

Stayting up until 1:30 am was worth it even though I will pay when the boy gets up in 4 hours...

38/37 saw flakes mixed in with light rain!

Had about 10 minutes of little flakes of snow mixed in at the tail end of a heavier burst of precip that moved through when the wind started gusting N/NW. Stars and moon becoming visible now with quick clearing.

Woke my poor wife up to to see (and confirm) the flakes. Immediately made me bring a bunch of potted plants into the gargage. lol

Was probably only 10/90 or less sn/ra but just amazing to see on Memorial day weekend! I'm pretty low el' so I'm assuming anybody awake in the hilltowns got a treat.

Stayting up until 1:30 am was worth it even though I will pay when the boy gets up in 4 hours...

Awesome!  That same band is coming through here now, but it has weakened, and we're just getting some 39 degree sprinkles.

If we could just get some heavier precip here, I could possibly see some flakes mixing down. 

unreal.

maybe 5-7 miles SW of Brian and same elevation.  It snowed but didn't stick at least as of 10:15pm when I went to sleep.  Got up at 5 and nothing on the ground.  Screwzone?

Lol, I was hoping for no sticking on top of my lettuce and swiss chard.

New England is something else....snow memorial day weekend and I'll be planting my tomatoes tomorrow or the next day.

Archived