joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I don't know. I'm using the 2,100ft web cam at Bolton Valley as a barometer and until this is white, nothing on the west slope is accumulating below 2,000ft.

I'm not going to lie, I thought this would be snow covered by now, approaching 00z. 12z NAM/GFS were too cold in the lower levels. I'm actually a little disappointed they aren't plowing up at Bolton right now. I really thought they had a good shot... but it seems like more like 2,300-2,500ft is where snow cover starts. I think Coles Pond is at 2,300ft(?) where it looks like they are around 1".

bolton-valley-webcam-image.jpg

But just getting flakes down to 1,500ft and even mixing down to 1,000ft is a huge win on May 25th...it just didn't get as ridiculous as it looked like it could have. It looked like there was a potential for like 12-20" amounts above 2,500ft based on the model runs yesterday.

Im was only sayin starksboro bc rates lookd better west of spine

37 here. Thinking it fails here

I think if it does fail it's a lack of heavier echos...looking at the radar loop you have some good echos to your north that might be fruitful but they are drying up down here.  I think if we had some better returns a few hours from now we'd have a chance of seeing some stray flakes mixed in, but that's just me.

I think if it does fail it's a lack of heavier echos...looking at the radar loop you have some good echos to your north that might be fruitful but they are drying up down here.  I think if we had some better returns a few hours from now we'd have a chance of seeing some stray flakes mixed in, but that's just me.

Yeah... that will probably be the culprit. Lack of dynamic cooling...

Wachusett webcams are messed up tonight (as is my stomach...wtf)

Yeah, I don't know.  I'm using the 2,100ft web cam at Bolton Valley as a barometer and until this is white, nothing on the west slope is accumulating below 2,000ft.

I'm not going to lie, I thought this would be snow covered by now, approaching 00z.  12z NAM/GFS were too cold in the lower levels.  I'm actually a little disappointed they aren't plowing up at Bolton right now.  I really thought they had a good shot... but it seems like more like 2,300-2,500ft is where snow cover starts.  I think Coles Pond is at 2,300ft(?) where it looks like they are around 1".

bolton-valley-webcam-image.jpg

But just getting flakes down to 1,500ft and even mixing down to 1,000ft is a huge win on May 25th...it just didn't get as ridiculous as it looked like it could have.  It looked like there was a potential for like 12-20" amounts above 2,500ft based on the model runs yesterday.

Accumulating now

Archived