• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

Yeah.... looking at the soundings you can see a layer of warmer air moving in around 900mb later tonight from BDL on east as the TROWAL rotates in. That's why I think it's pretty marginal for most places in NE CT. A better chance in the NW Hills where the forcing is a bit stronger for some precip through the night and where temps ~3000-4000 ft AGL are a bit cooler. 

Yeah, I agree that NW CT has a better chance...I think that the NE Hills should see some flakes though which is pretty remarkable.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I agree that NW CT has a better chance...I think that the NE Hills should see some flakes though which is pretty remarkable.

Yeah, that would be amazing... how high is the elevation up in Union? 

We're probably too low here in the Tolland/Stafford area. 

I think upslope regions are gonna look awesome later on.

Yeah. What I think is still TBD is if areas at like 1500 ft where people live can actually start getting snow to take down trees/wires. Snow in the summits is awesome but very low impact. 

I think upslope regions are gonna look awesome later on.

Yeah its been a bit slow to develop this afternoon with the winds stubbornly staying more north, but as those winds turn more NW, it should be pretty sweet looking I would think. I actually think they might rip into tomorrow morning there.

Yeah its been a bit slow to develop this afternoon with the winds stubbornly staying more north, but as those winds turn more NW, it should be pretty sweet looking I would think. I actually think they might rip into tomorrow morning there.

They just have not budged out of the north... the low stalled too far south.  It is stacked and not really moving between BOS and PWM pretty much.

It needs to get up to FVE.  I know, I know...wait it out and see.  But the streamlines are still showing northerly winds at like 9z tomorrow on the RAP and NAM. 

This will cause Champlain Valley Convergence (and it is) but its not going to pummel the western slopes. 

Tomorrow morning at 9z its still northerly on the 18z run of the NAM.  That needs to get to northern ME.

Ironic but this is actually a better wind direction for upslope down the Berkshires and Taconics where its curling more NW.

nam_namer_015_850_temp_ht.gif

Yeah, that would be amazing... how high is the elevation up in Union? 

We're probably too low here in the Tolland/Stafford area. 

Union is mostly above 1000' but there are spots above 1200'.  The highest elevation that I know you can drive to is 1250' On Stickney Hill Rd.  Some lucky guy lives at #99 there and is the highest person in NE CT.

Union is mostly above 1000' but there are spots above 1200'.  The highest elevation that I know you can drive to is 1250' On Stickney Hill Rd.  Some lucky guy lives at #99 there and is the highest person in NE CT.

You're a lot more optimistic than I am. I think it will be tough east of the river but we'll see. Either way crazy to be even talking about the potential on 5/25. 

Nice, I wish we could get weather reports from him, lol.

Down to 41 degrees now... wonder how low we'll get?

They just have not budged out of the north... the low stalled too far south. It is stacked and not really moving between BOS and PWM pretty much.

It needs to get up to FVE. I know, I know...wait it out and see. But the streamlines are still showing northerly winds at like 9z tomorrow on the RAP and NAM.

This will cause Champlain Valley Convergence (and it is) but its not going to pummel the western slopes.

WUNIDS_map.gif

Tomorrow morning at 9z its still northerly on the 18z run of the NAM. That needs to get to northern ME.

Ironic but this is actually a better wind direction for upslope down the Berkshires and Taconics where its curling more NW.

nam_namer_015_850_temp_ht.gif

You know more than me. I'm hoping NNW flow will help out in th lower 3000'.

From a friend's FB...Route 17 in Starksboro, VT right next to Mad River Glen ski area (known as Appalachian Gap)...the pass gets up to 2,400ft.  Photo from 4:30pm.

970759_3098023427483_686866279_n.jpg

What is amazing about this picture is that even at marginal temperatures snow has managed to collect on asphalt.  We talk a lot about warm ground and sun angle and here we are less than a month from summer solstice and we have some accum on pavement!

Heavier echos delveloping in Maine and moving west into NH.  This should give the Whites and hilltops the best chance of some accumulations this evening.  39.9F at my elevation so with heavier precip and evening approaching this is my chance for a few flakes!

Mt Lafayette RWIS is reporting snow now.

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_nh_rwis.cgi?id=656012

Archived