• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May 2013 Obs/Banter/Complaining/Sarcasm

Ellinwood

Nah. It's good and shortens the number of days of heat before September. And, it could always be worse. Negative wind chills in the NNE mountains.

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

That is just SO awesome! Sorta like the snow showers in mountains around here last night and this am.

Went to nephews soccer game this evening, temps in mid 40's and a nice 10-15 mph breeze, with a couple sprinkles thrown in for good

measure. I actually had  a long sleeve shirt on (one of two I left out in season change-over). Winds are fading off and skies have cleared,

may drop below the 32.9 I had this morning.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't understand you guys.  The only thing I like about cold weather is snow.  Didn't bother me much when I was younger, but as I've gotten older, I've found cold weather to be less and less comfortable.  That's pretty common, I think.

Heat is worse IMO.  You can always dress warmer in the winter but you can only dress colder to a point.  Mid 90s with redonkulous humidity is terrible weather.  i'll take this wx over that in May 10/10 times.

It's May 13, not March 13.  I, along with others, don't find it pleasant to be outside in low 50s temperatures on a late mid-May afternoon.  Other than the kids playing, everyone at that game had coats on.

Edit: Average high temperature for today is 76 degrees.  That is more pleasant than 56 degrees (which was our high today) with a cold NW wind.

I assume you were downright miserable this morning?

32 or 33F out here this AM depending on which thermometer you choose to believe.  Any event, there was a good frost, and the cars required scraping.  The most glorious May morning in my recollection.  The last 2 days have been HEAVEN.  How anyone could complain about an air mass with DPs in the upper 20's in MID MAY is just mind-boggling to me.  I would 1000 X rather sit outside for hours wearing heavy coats, ear muffs, ski-mask, gloves and shivering under 5 blankets than spend 30 seconds sweating my balls off in 90+ degree air that requires gills to breathe it. 

Of course, different strokes for different folks, and I will be the one compaining soon enough.

32 or 33F out here this AM depending on which thermometer you choose to believe.  Any event, there was a good frost, and the cars required scraping.  The most glorious May morning in my recollection.  The last 2 days have been HEAVEN.  How anyone could complain about an air mass with DPs in the upper 20's in MID MAY is just mind-boggling to me.  I would 1000 X rather sit outside for hours wearing heavy coats, ear muffs, ski-mask, gloves and shivering under 5 blankets than spend 30 seconds sweating my balls off in 90+ degree air that requires gills to breathe it. 

Of course, different strokes for different folks, and I will be the one compaining soon enough.

Everyone acts like the only choices are "pleasant", "heavenly" temps in the 50s/60, or "horrible", "bowls of hell" 90s.  How about some pleasant mid-70s/upper-70s with lowish dew points?

IAD tied record min - 32

DCA hit 42, Record min was 41....DC/DCA has only been below 40 twice this late on record...

BWI tied record min and it wasn't a vulnerable record - 34

impressive air mass

Check out Fargo.  24° Sunday morning, 93° Monday afternoon.  -12 to +16 departure in a day. 

Check out Fargo.  24° Sunday morning, 93° Monday afternoon.  -12 to +16 departure in a day. 

Could you imagine the complaining that would take place in this thread if that were to happen here?

Could you imagine the complaining that would take place in this thread if that were to happen here?

Some of us would be complaining about the cold morning, and in the afternoon, others would be complaining that they're melting in the streets.  It would be chaos!!

October. We don't seem to get alot of that kind of weather in spring. Feels like it's mostly one or the other.

Source regions are much cooler in the spring. Atlantic is chilly and most of central Canada still has snow on the ground. Sun is strong so any w-s flow has potential to bake but it is just as easy to be a bit raw too.

Fall is awesome. Great combo of nice ocean temps and perfect continental air mixed with left over heat and humidity.

That means it's perfect.

You leave this weekend?

Think we are going to push to Fri assuming the sys doesn't slow down. Could be the best event potential in all our time out there this weekend.

Archived