wigl5l6k
May 2013 Obs/Banter/Complaining/Sarcasm

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cut 'n paste from LWX AFD before it goes away:

.CLIMATE...

LOWS THIS MORNING AT THE CLIMATE SITES...

42F AT DCA...

34F AT BWI...

32F AT IAD...

BOTH BWI AND IAD TIED THEIR PREVIOUS RECORD MIN TEMP FOR MAY 14 THAT

WAS PREVIOUSLY SET IN 1996.

THIS MRNG WAS ONLY THE 4TH TIME SINCE 1962 THAT IAD HAS RECORDED

A FREEZING TEMP THIS LATE IN THE SPRING. THE OTHER TIMES WERE 17

MAY 1984 (30F)...22 MAY 2002 (31F)...AND 14 MAY 1996 (32F).

THIS MRNG WAS ONLY THE 4TH TIME SINCE 1873 THAT BALTIMORE RECORDED A

MIN TEMP OF 34F OR COLDER THIS LATE IN THE SPRING. THE OTHER TIMES

WERE 17 MAY 1956 (33F)...21 MAY 2002 (34F)...AND 14 MAY 1996

(34F).

How's this for fun weather?  My brother is in Austin, MN today and he says that there is still a parking lot pile of snow leftover from that big storm about a week and a half ago.  Point and click for Austin today is 93°.  It is already 97° about 80 miles west.

Did we still have parking lot piles in early April 2010 when it hit 90°?  I'm thinking we might have.

How's this for fun weather?  My brother is in Austin, MN today and he says that there is still a parking lot pile of snow leftover from that big storm about a week and a half ago.  Point and click for Austin today is 93°.  It is already 97° about 80 miles west.

Did we still have parking lot piles in early April 2010 when it hit 90°?  I'm thinking we might have.

Amazing how quickly things can change in the spring.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalweathergang/2010/05/unbelievable_still_snow_at_bwi.html

I'm pretty sure there was still a pile of snow in April at the junction of 295 and the Inner Loop, just before you cross the Wilson Bridge.

Awesome.  The pile behind West Falls Church metro also lasted for a very long time, so that must have been well into April also.

There was a snow pile in Winchester that lasted from Christmas Eve until about the 5th of April THIS year.  Granted it was in a spot that never received sun, but it still counts.

Downtown Duluth gets epically screwed on ENE winds in the spring.  Might as well be Cape Cod or the Maine islands.  43 at Sky Harbor airport, 66 at KDLH on top of the ridge, and 86 at Moose Lake, which is about 20 miles away.

100° in Owatonna.  They had 16" of snow 11 days ago.

Downtown Duluth gets epically screwed on ENE winds in the spring. Might as well be Cape Cod or the Maine islands. 43 at Sky Harbor airport, 66 at KDLH on top of the ridge, and 86 at Moose Lake, which is about 20 miles away.

100° in Owatonna. They had 16" of snow 11 days ago.

I've been in Duluth several times in June and it's been in the 40's. As soon as you left the arrowhead of Minn and made it up to Thunder Bay, it was in the 70's/80's.

Archived