• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
CWG - Complaint/Praise thread

Deck Pic

what's that got to do with anything.  Apparently, I think higher of upper 80s/low 60s with low dews than upper 60s/lower 40s or whatever your ideal day is.  We've been over this, its subjective

dews in the low 60s are not low...sorry...I don't know why CWG has consistently called dew of 58-64 as low or not humid...it is completely false...and if it is subjective, why does CWG describe it as "somewhat subjective"?

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dews in the low 60s are not low...sorry...I don't know why CWG has consistently called dew of 58-64 as low or not humid...it is completely false...and if it is subjective, why does CWG describe it as "somewhat subjective"?

If subjectivity is your issue then how can you criticize based on your subjective ideals.  There's no right answer.

If by some, you mean 1 person, then I agree

it's one of mark's co-workers anyway.. not sure it counts.

i don't disagree that there are problems with the "system"... the main one is that there seems to often be little rhyme or reason to the progression from day to day. 

i actually thought last friday was a 10 which is why i was fine with doing so saturday.. friday was clearly a better day and that was apparent at time of forecast.

it's one of mark's co-workers anyway.. not sure it counts.

i don't disagree that there are problems with the "system"... the main one is that there seems to often be little rhyme or reason to the progression from day to day.

i actually thought last friday was a 10 which is why i was fine with doing so saturday.. friday was clearly a better day and that was apparent at time of forecast.

I have little issue with your daily digits. They are always within the margin of error. I guess I don't get the point of it in the 1st place. What is the purpose

I have little issue with your daily digits. They are always within the margin of error. I guess I don't get the point of it in the 1st place. What is the purpose

I think mainly it's a social media thing. Just a quick highlight of the next day. Others have picked it up too.. I think most of the CWG difficulties with it are because it's 7 different people who likely have somewhat different ideas of what constitutes a good day. If it was issued by the same person all the time it would probably be more consistent at least. But really rarely do we get much complaint and more often than not its with an overall busted forecast.

Yeah it ended up cloudier than I thought... which is why I never understand why NWS goes "sunny" so much. It's hard to get a truly sunny day. I went mostly sunny at least.

IAN,  I totally agree with you, I have been tracking daily sky conditions here compared to where I am planing to move out west and partly cloudy is the dominate sky condition, at least this year.  Here are YTD my numbers for Boyce as of yesterday:

98% sunny : 27

Mostly sunny : 60

Partly cloudy or times of clouds and sun : 108

Mostly cloudy : 38

98% cloudy : 19

Unfortunately a newer aspect of weather forecasting is emerging. One of the "old" gripes was that they hype everything "Monster snowstorm...news at 11".  The emerging aspect is the Bad News Bears of weather..."it's hot...it's humid.. you are gonna suffer" This is mostly for when there really is no weather news so let's create some news. Also, I find the "it will be chilly...wear your jacket" to be silly and sorta off target.

• 3 weeks later...

CWG already grossly overselling the weather this week...models unsurprisingly showing some mid to maybe upper 80s...dews will be high for this time of year and it will be humid...a dewpoint of 60 is NOT pleasant, no matter how many times CWG tries to beat us over the head with this...I wouldn't be surprised to see DCA with a min of 65+....the idea of opening the windows at night is simply hilarious...I think anyone who suggests that needs to sleep with their windows open at the end of the week when the heat builds up..

CWG already grossly overselling the weather this week...models unsurprisingly showing some mid to maybe upper 80s...dews will be high for this time of year and it will be humid...a dewpoint of 60 is NOT pleasant, no matter how many times CWG tries to beat us over the head with this...I wouldn't be surprised to see DCA with a min of 65+....the idea of opening the windows at night is simply hilarious...I think anyone who suggests that needs to sleep with their windows open at the end of the week when the heat builds up..

This weather is def heading toward not so pleasant.

I need whatever weather it takes to kill these GD stink bugs.

Definitely AC weather this week.

i was right...

Archived