joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
CWG - Complaint/Praise thread

Deck Pic

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yesterday got an 8/10...today's +15-20 with dew points near 60 gets a 10/10 and has been described as perfect...How soon before CWG apologizes for the cold 68 and sunny this weekend?

I swear that people who give days like yesterday and today a 10/10 never go outside for any length of time

Not CWG, but the Post had an unintentionally funny story this morning about people (mostly women) being annoyed that we jumped right into Summer without an opportunity to prepare themselves (tanning, pedicures, ironing summer clothes).

#firstworldproblems

I swear that people who give days like yesterday and today a 10/10 never go outside for any length of time

Not CWG, but the Post had an unintentionally funny story this morning about people (mostly women) being annoyed that we jumped right into Summer without an opportunity to prepare themselves (tanning, pedicures, ironing summer clothes).

More women need to follow the weather - while I didn't tan, I did paint my nails, and pull out summer clothes over the weekend so I was ready for this week :)

• 4 weeks later...

The amount of editorializing about how absolutely awful this week is going to be, such that it may send people into complete despondency is annoying and over the top.  May gets like this...almost every year...we have had an amazing spring so far...especially the weekend...Is this necessary?..Is it part of as strategy I am unaware of?   I understand that CWG has a responsibility to the Post, so maybe this is part of protocol? 

It is really not a big deal that we are going to get some clouds and rain this week...It isn't anomalous or noteworthy...Only in DC are some overcast days in the 60s cause for a suicide watch

The amount of editorializing about how absolutely awful this week is going to be, such that it may send people into complete despondency is annoying and over the top.  May gets like this...almost every year...we have had an amazing spring so far...especially the weekend...Is this necessary?..Is it part of as strategy I am unaware of?   I understand that CWG has a responsibility to the Post, so maybe this is part of protocol? 

It is really not a big deal that we are going to get some clouds and rain this week...It isn't anomalous or noteworthy...Only in DC are some overcast days in the 60s cause for a suicide watch

Who cares?

• 4 months later...

Time to bump this thread...This has been a really bad September so far for the CWG daily digit..Every single day has been oversold except for one...CWG has had a really good summer...hopefully they correct this poor start to fall...

Sunday, 9/1 - Daily Digit: 7/10, 3pm OB - 92/68, What the daily digit should have been: 4/10

Monday, 9/2 - Daily Digit: 5/10, 5pm OB - 89/71, What the daily digit should have been: 3/10

Tuesday, 9/3 -Daily Digit: 8/10, 3pm OB - 86/55, What the daily digit should have been: 6/10

Wednesday, 9/4 - Daily Digit: 10/10, 4pm OB - 83/55, What the daily digit should have been: 8/10

Thursday, 9/5 - Daily Digit: 9/10, 2pm OB, 86/59, What the daily digit should have been: 6/10

Friday, 9/6 - Daily Digit: 9/10, 4pm OB - 77/44, What the daily digit should have been: 9/10 (well done Camden)

Saturday, 9/7, Daily Digit: 10/10, 4pm OB - 82/59, What the daily digit should have been: 7/10

Sunday, 9/8, Daily Digit: 9/10, 5pm OB - 90/63, What the daily digit should have been: 4/10

I was between a 7 or an 8 for you...perhaps 7 was unfair...I'll give you an 8...certainly not a 10...but mostly you and Jason have been better than everyone at the daily digit....I don't think some of the others care....or even try

I do probably tend to inflate by one on a calm day since its the weekend. Maybe not a 10 but people seemed to like it based on comments.

I do probably tend to inflate by one on a calm day since its the weekend. Maybe not a 10 but people seemed to like it based on comments.

8 is a very nice day...It was definitely nice out....I was outside for much of the PM, and it was a bit muggy, but not sweat inducing, and also cloudy...after the 9/10 77/44 crisp blue skies from the day before, you oversold it, but usually you are within 1-2 points of what I think, and I have a slight cold bias

What is the point if you aren't even going to give it a half-effort?

what's that got to do with anything.  Apparently, I think higher of upper 80s/low 60s with low dews than upper 60s/lower 40s or whatever your ideal day is.  We've been over this, its subjective

8 is a very nice day...It was definitely nice out....I was outside for much of the PM, and it was a bit muggy, but not sweat inducing, and also cloudy...after the 9/10 77/44 crisp blue skies from the day before, you oversold it, but usually you are within 1-2 points of what I think, and I have a slight cold bias

Yeah it ended up cloudier than I thought... which is why I never understand why NWS goes "sunny" so much. It's hard to get a truly sunny day. I went mostly sunny at least.

Archived