• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
CWG - Complaint/Praise thread

Deck Pic

Which is why this crusade is tiresome.  You think different?  Good for you, I have my own opinion.

yes...my opinion is entirely subjective and CWG's is "somewhat subjective"...CWG's warmth pandering crusade is tiresome too....and why the gross pandering to a stupid audience that stabbed you in the back after  March 6th?

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes...my opinion is entirely subjective and CWG's is "somewhat subjective"...CWG's warmth pandering crusade is tiresome too....and why the gross pandering to a stupid audience that stabbed you in the back after  March 6th?

What if it was branded as "completely subjective"?

What if it was branded as "completely subjective"?

I honestly think that is a much better and more accurate branding..."Daily digit is the forecaster's subjective rating on what they think of the weather that day"

CWG has a ridiculous warm bias...I think out of sync with the public in the averages....

I honestly think that is a much better and more accurate branding..."Daily digit is the forecaster's subjective rating on what they think of the weather that day"

CWG has a ridiculous warm bias...I think out of sync with the public in the averages....

That's worth considering.

As for your second point, you'd have to take it up with the editors.  My witty and humorous quips for the digit rarely make it through

That's worth considering.

As for your second point, you'd have to take it up with the editors.  My witty and humorous quips for the digit rarely make it through

I think CWG doesnt always realize how out of sync they are...

March 25th was a great example...CWG ended up playing catch-up all day on the 26th once they realized the public didn't share the same disdain for the storm that they did

All I can say is sorry to those up there dealing with 79 at 11 in the morning in early April! 

Just hit 79 degrees here as well.  It's really not bad.  Humidity is 46%, which is about as optimal as it can be for comfort.  There is also a nice breeze going.  However, I'm also 45 miles northwest of downtown DC, so it's probably less comfortable down there than it is here.  A very pleasant day.

Presumably, they were looking at the most recent observation when they made that post.

post-971-0-33627100-1365521088.jpg

All I can say is sorry to those up there dealing with 79 at 11 in the morning in early April! 

I worked on my tan all morning long.  Was a bit warm out but not oppressive like in July or Aug.

it seems the public will believe whatever you tell them..now everyone thinks it is toasty

It's too warm for me at this pt. I mean I like it but ~70 preferred in eary April.

One thing I try to do with the digit is align with prior digits. In that sense wouldn't have gone 10 if yesterday was a 7.

Just hit 79 degrees here as well.  It's really not bad.  Humidity is 46%, which is about as optimal as it can be for comfort.  There is also a nice breeze going.  However, I'm also 45 miles northwest of downtown DC, so it's probably less comfortable down there than it is here.  A very pleasant day.

If it were 70 instead of 80F, then I'd agree.  Dewpoint here is 55F (rel humidity 40%), and while we'd be glad to have that in 3 months, in early April it is not comfortable at all.

As hard of a time that I have given him, I actually think Camden, from doing so much facebook duty, has a better gauge on what the public is looking for in terms of weather....You are going to get a fair amount of dissension when you pound away the idea that +18's temps in mid April are universally awesome

They likely reversed because 90+ in early April is unpleasant.

I get the point that 70s are preferable right now but I guess its a personal thing that I think a few hours of 90 degrees is better than cloudy and 50.  I wouldn't call this bad weather after 6 months of crap winter.

It's 70s and shady in the morning and evening so if you can't tolerate the heat in the middle of the day at least you have those times instead of no times when its cold.

I get the point that 70s are preferable right now but I guess its a personal thing that I think a few hours of 90 degrees is better than cloudy and 50.  I wouldn't call this bad weather after 6 months of crap winter.

It's 70s and shady in the morning and evening so if you can't tolerate the heat in the middle of the day at least you have those times instead of no times when its cold.

Completely agreed.  I'd much prefer this than the stuff central/northern NJ is seeing right now - cloudy and 50s.

It's amazing how different people view things.  I would give a dark, cloudy, snowy January day with a temp in the mid teens a 10/10.  I would have given yesterday a 0/10.

yesterday got an 8/10...today's +15-20 with dew points near 60 gets a 10/10 and has been described as perfect...How soon before CWG apologizes for the cold 68 and sunny this weekend?

Archived