Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
CWG - Complaint/Praise thread

Deck Pic

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed that part of your post. I did not mean that you needed a jacket in 65 degree weather... that's pants and t-shirt weather (or shorts if it's not too windy and you're in the sun all day). I was relating the jeans+jacket to the upper 40s/50s that people were experiencing at the time of the post and that those would be history once things warmed up.

Was sitting on my patio earlier with 65 and a light breeze in my t-shirt and jeans and it was great. That's a 9/10 day in my book for early April.

:thumbsup:

Still chilly IMO. I am probably moving south in a few years. I am done with these winters. I want my average april temp to be 70+ wherever I move to. That and being in a coastal town are my only requirements. 

I am thinking about Charleston, SC. More specifically, perhaps living in Kiawah Island, SC. So gosh darn beautiful down that way. 

It was near persperational today-a nuisance in it's own right.

yes....and tomorrow gets a 10/10 according to capital warm gang....and Matt Rogers suggests that this perfect  day is perfect because of the low humidity....83/59 in early April is borderline oppressive....it is going to be sticky out....if you are going to call a +20 air mass in the middle of spring absolutely perfect, just come right out an admit that you like hot humid air masses....

To be fair however, the views here aren't exactly mainstream, which is who CWG is targeting.  I overheard a lot of comments yesterday about how amazing and beautiful the weather is.  The weather was a big topic of conversation everywhere, and no one had anything bad to say.  If CWG were to give the day a 5/10 or something like that, most people would think they're out of their mind.  Thinking this weather is bad or uncomfortable is not a view held by anyone but the most diehard cold weather lovers.  That's just the reality, despite what any of us here might think.  An 80 degree day in April, after months of cold weather and a miserable March is going to be deserving of a 10/10 by most.

To be fair however, the views here aren't exactly mainstream, which is who CWG is targeting.  I overheard a lot of comments yesterday about how amazing and beautiful the weather is.  The weather was a big topic of conversation everywhere, and no one had anything bad to say.  If CWG were to give the day a 5/10 or something like that, most people would think they're out of their mind.  Thinking this weather is bad or uncomfortable is not a view held by anyone but the most diehard cold weather lovers.  That's just the reality, despite what any of us here might think.  An 80 degree day in April, after months of cold weather and a miserable March is going to be deserving of a 10/10 by most.

a lot of people, and not just winter weather lovers, had to turn on their AC last night.  That is a running narrative this morning.

yesterday we started out in the low 50s and dews stayed in the 40s.  we have a warmer start....dews will be 10 degrees higher and it will be warmer...it is going to assuredly feel sticky out there this pm...83/58 in April will not feel like a 10 out of 10....CWG has lost their way with their warm bias...the public is not as stupidly monolithic as CWG thinks they are...and it is humid out...humid

a lot of people, and not just winter weather lovers, had to turn on their AC last night.  That is a running narrative this morning.

yesterday we started out in the low 50s and dews stayed in the 40s.  we have a warmer start....dews will be 10 degrees higher and it will be warmer...it is going to assuredly feel sticky out there this pm...83/58 in April will not feel like a 10 out of 10....CWG has lost their way with their warm bias...the public is not as stupidly monolithic as CWG thinks they are...and it is humid out...humid

How would you grade today and tomorrow?

Personally, I think a 65-70 degree day, with clear blue skies is perfect this time of year, and would give that a 10/10.  I admit that I like warmer weather, but even for me, 80+ degrees is a bit warm for early April.  I would give today a 7.5/10, and tomorrow a 7/10.  Yesterday was an 8/10.

How would you grade today and tomorrow?

Personally, I think a 65-70 degree day, with clear blue skies is perfect this time of year, and would give that a 10/10.  I admit that I like warmer weather, but even for me, 80+ degrees is a bit warm for early April.  I would give today a 7.5/10, and tomorrow a 7/10.  Yesterday was an 8/10.

It depends...I don't know what "somewhat subjective" means.  Does that mean it can't be entirely my opinion?

If I were writing for CWG, I would give today a 7 or 8...probably a 7

I have plenty of hobbies.  CWG probably shouldn't be wrong about current conditions by almost 10 degrees

Guess what temperature DCA was at when that was posted? 

You're going out of your way to find things to complain about now. 

It depends...I don't know what "somewhat subjective" means.  Does that mean it can't be entirely my opinion?

If I were writing for CWG, I would give today a 7 or 8...probably a 7

I'm genuinely interested in how you would personally rate the day.

As far as CWG goes, perhaps they would be better off dropping the whole number grade scheme altogether.  Objviously, it is very subjective, based on one or two people's opinions of what constitutes a nice day.  One man's 10 is another man's 5.

As far as CWG goes, perhaps they would be better off dropping the whole number grade scheme altogether.  Objviously, it is very subjective, based on one or two people's opinions of what constitutes a nice day.  One man's 10 is another man's 5.

I think dropping the implication that there is some skill involved in the daily digit and that they speak for the masses would be a good thing....

Which is why this crusade is tiresome.  You think different?  Good for you, I have my own opinion.

why would you post a 9:52 OB at 10:35?....It took me 30 seconds to discover that 90% of DC metro was 76-78 at the time it was posted

...and if they said "mid-to-upper 70s" you'd berate them that it was only 70 at DCA and they were hyping the heat.

Archived