Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
CWG - Complaint/Praise thread

Deck Pic

nice article otherwise....I assume the facebook update or poll is coming soon:

Would you rather have this awful spring-ruining snow event or the glorious, awesome +20 departures that we had last year?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2013/03/21/sunday-monday-storm-a-mess-in-the-making-but-probably-not-a-big-snow-producer/

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like normal weather.  I think our normal weather is pretty darn good.  We get 4 distinct seasons.  I like anomalous weather sometimes, but the bell curve has obviously been shifted to the warm side of the spectrum.  I don't like two -1 months in a row to be the freak occurrence.  That should happen twice a year if things were normal. 

Lol! Love the pandering.. Way too obvious

I especially dont care for it now that their imbecilic readership has turned on them after 3/6...why pander to morons?

CWG is the best forecasting entity there is....i wish they were more objective about these things...this is an interesting pattern....approach it from more of a meteorological perspective and f-uck your idiotic readership

I especially dont care for it now that their imbecilic readership has turned on them after 3/6...why pander to morons?

CWG is the best forecasting entity there is....i wish they were more objective about these things...this is an interesting pattern....approach it from more of a meteorological perspective and f-uck your idiotic readership

You have to wonder if it's the tail wagging the dog. 

I know several hundred people in my area-- 3 complain about snow. Two really do hate it and the other it's just a thing to talk about-- feels an obligation to talk. Now, DC has more people taking public transportation daily and the issues of weather, but I've not read many CWG blogs on the HORRORS of rainy days. 

This debate on  1"-2" or 2-3" for DCA is silly.

I am going  8-12"  unless you guys go 8-12" in which case I will go 1-2". I can see it being a white rain bust, I can also see how everyone could be grossly over-conservative after March 6th.

I have quite a few friends that follow the CWG - all of them have businesses that focus on outdoor work (landscaping/contracting). For them, the CWG provides better information, than the local TV forecasters, that could directly impact their business. But I bet the average metro DC citizen doesn't even know about the CWG (does the Post have stats on the typical # of daily hits on their page?) No doubt they got burned with the 3/6 bust, but everyone busted and the fact that the government closed due to wet streets is still a very sore point up on Capitol Hill.

I'd give today a 4/10.  Breezy, chilly, cloudy (here anyway - early sunshine = instability cloudiness), and temps 14 degrees below my average of 60 degrees.

For this time of year, a 10 in my book is a 60-65 degree day, total sunshine, and a very light southerly breeze.  Or, a day like yesterday where we get a nice snowfall, and conversational flakes falling through the day - also a 10, because of the rarity of late March snow in this area.

If it's 50s and sunshine this weekend, that will be a 7 or 8.

Today's digit is particularly bad imo. For one it's nicer than yesterday. The wind sucks but this is spring, albeit a chilly one.

It was windy on the metro platform this morning,.....but it will be nice this afternoon....I might take pics of all the smiling people eating outside and sunbathing in the park and post it on CWG's page....though I should just take them off my newsfeed for now and just drop it...I have belabored my point

It was windy on the metro platform this morning,.....but it will be nice this afternoon....I might take pics of all the smiling people eating outside and sunbathing in the park and post it on CWG's page....though I should just take them off my newsfeed for now and just drop it...I have belabored my point

You most certainly have.

CWG has done a very good job of carving a niche and in fact expanding. They are writing mostly for the men and women who must naavigate their way into and out of DC and don't want snow, ice, storminess or bitter cold when doing so. They are not writing for us winter winter enthuiasts.

Archived