Newest Member
    joxey
CWG - Complaint/Praise thread

Deck Pic

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you been outside? Jason gave today a 4/10. It is absolutely gorgeous out. Crisp blue skies. Strong as hell sun. Refreshing air. What is the point of the daily digit. No human being in the world could walk outside and hate it.

If you were down by the water it might be a little rough.  but having just spent a good part of the morning outside it is fairly nice for being in the upper 30s/low 40s

It's not cable news. The opinionating is unnecessary and turns people off. Why include it at all. Just present the forecast.

I'd argue that their readership is better now than it would be if they put out bland forecasts and scientific discussions on a regular basis. Besides, the NWS already fills that niche for the weather geeks.

I'd argue that their readership is better now than it would be if they put out bland forecasts and scientific discussions on a regular basis. Besides, the NWS already fills that niche for the weather geeks.

Unfortunately success these days is measured in terms of page views and ratings instead of purely informative standards. I for one avoid any news outlet that wants to frame the news for me and tell me how I should feel about something. I don't think I'm alone in that. It's becoming nearly impossible to find it anymore.

The CWG has a large following. People like them for what they are. Jason has gathered a quality group of people who report on the weather and editorialize. Both have their places in the dialogue. Some come for the science, others for the entertainment and some for both. Nothing wrong there. If someone doesn't like it, they go elsewhere. Plain and simple. And those that don't like the editorializing can input their opinions just like those that love it. I don't see a problem.

I personally have issues with some of the things on this blog. But it's a blog. I take the good with the bad, filter out what I don't care for and move on. Plain and simple. I don't see a problem.

If cold snowy day in met winter is a 3/10 then what is a triple H afternoon in July with no wind?

90/67 and sunny will get a 7 or 8, or even a 9 from some of the warministas....and 68/41 in May is a 6 or 7 for being too chilly...even Camden who will tell people to be careful and bundle up when it is 47, likes the 65-70 degree days..

90/67 and sunny will get a 7 or 8, or even a 9 from some of the warministas....and 68/41 in May is a 6 or 7 for being too chilly...even Camden who will tell people to be careful and bundle up when it is 47, likes the 65-70 degree days..

I find warministas an interesting bunch. 90+ and humid in the sun is hideous. It simply can't be enjoyed by me. I can tolerate it. I spend a lot of time outside in the summer. I'm not even a big sweater but you can't even concentrate on a crossword in the sun on days like that without rivers coming down your forehead.

I used to think upper 70's were perfect for outdoor recreation. Now I'm down to upper 60's as ideal. At least for doing things that require exercise anyways

I find warministas an interesting bunch. 90+ and humid in the sun is hideous. It simply can't be enjoyed by me. I can tolerate it. I spend a lot of time outside in the summer. I'm not even a big sweater but you can't even concentrate on a crossword in the sun on days like that without rivers coming down your forehead.

I used to think upper 70's were perfect for outdoor recreation. Now I'm down to upper 60's as ideal. At least for doing things that require exercise anyways

There have been 9/10 and 10/10 days when I thought I was going to collapse and might require hospitalization and IV fluids...

Archived