joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 18-20th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The snow last night was a nice desert. Maybe the totals are good but not epic (so far) but the winter vibe is epic. A dead ratter transformed to gold. And we're not done.

The vibe really is amazing, my run this morning ( at 25 degrees) was interupted by the sounds of window scraping. Even the birds don't know what to make of it. Short video from yesterday morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKFh-BNwE4s

11" total snowfall.

I was intrigued with some of the reports that I read yesterday. There must have been a very erratic coastal front in places just to my southwest. While at home I was having +SN and BLSN and temps steady at 27°F, the aforementioned areas were 36°F and tainting with IP and RN. Some of these reports were 4-5 miles inland. Seems most places changed back to snow during the part 2 rush hour heavy snow.

3.5" overnight ended with 10.5" total

Need to update your sig, to keep your total ahead of mine.  ;)

Had the same 3.5" overnight, 17:1 fluff with final accum about 4 AM.  Total was 12.5" on 1.09" LE, 1.2" more than last month's blizz, and had 23" at the stake this morning.  Only need another inch to make it 15-of-15 years with no totals in the 80s, ironic because my avg is 87".  1st 14 yr never had a season total between 79" and 94", and it's probably 50-50 that 12-13 will make 15 yr.

Had the same 3.5" overnight, 17:1 fluff with final accum about 4 AM.  Total was 12.5" on 1.09" LE, 1.2" more than last month's blizz, and had 23" at the stake this morning.  Only need another inch to make it 15-of-15 years with no totals in the 80s, ironic because my avg is 87".  1st 14 yr never had a season total between 79" and 94", and it's probably 50-50 that 12-13 will make 15 yr.

Lol, 1 step ahead of you, I posted the total in the thread then headed into work and was updating while you were posting,  We accumulated around 4" from 5 am to about 5 pm, It ripped here for 1.5hrs with 2-3 hr rates to get to 7" then we dry slotted for a few hrs before 1 last deformation band on the backside of the low came thru overnight with 3.5"

A good example that:

Average is not the same as Normal

Archived