joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on everything I'm seeing, the 4-8" forecast is a bit underdone, imho. Better waa precip, plus the CCB / deformation zone with frontogenesis banding... this has overperformer written all over it.

In the past few hours almost all media outlets have been raising their forecast amounts. Most places now have DC and Baltimore getting 6-12".

Based on everything I'm seeing, the 4-8" forecast is a bit underdone, imho. Better waa precip, plus the CCB / deformation zone with frontogenesis banding... this has overperformer written all over it.

I agree completely. Even taken the weenie glasses off  B) ----> :), I see no way college park only records 2-4 inches like the advisory they are under... That is a BAD forecast. If I am wrong I will eat crow but I think we are looking at 6+'' snowfall area wide (west of the Bay) and if dc metro recorded 10'' I would not be surprised. 

If we can't use the short range high res models now, why have them?

In the past few hours almost all media outlets have been raising their forecast amounts. Most places now have DC and Baltimore getting 6-12".

If the latest NAM and the other high-res models are even in the ballpark of accurate, I wonder if LWX will be upping their overnight amounts into early tomorrow morning.

If the latest NAM and the other high-res models are even in the ballpark of accurate, I wonder if LWX will be upping their overnight amounts into early tomorrow morning.

They always wait until the absolute last second to raise them in a situation like this.

Archived