Newest Member
    joxey
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd gladly sacrifice .50 for colder temps

I'm not even afraid to say this. I think this was the deal sealer. Temps trended from ever so marginal to just good enough all day on all models. Every single thing has been good news since I woke up. I honestly think dc is mostly all snow with maybe some drizzle in a lull?

I'm not even afraid to say this. I think this was the deal sealer. Temps trended from ever so marginal to just good enough all day on all models. Every single thing has been good news since I woke up. I honestly think dc is mostly all snow with maybe some drizzle in a lull?

You shouldn't be afraid. That was a HUGE run. Went VERY much towards the NAM in subtly massive ways. My initial predic of 6plus in NW DC might just be spot on.

You shouldn't be afraid. That was a HUGE run. Went VERY much towards the NAM in subtly massive ways. My initial predic of 6plus in NW DC might just be spot on.

Yes - but haven't the off runs been wetter as a whole? That being said, good to see agreement as we get ready to get the snow!

Also the thermal profile improvement!

Yes - but haven't the off runs been wetter as a whole? That being said, good to see agreement as we get ready to get the snow!

You're right but I think off runs at this point are less salty than the GFS going towards a model with higher res and supposedly better in short term, not to mention just more overall model convergence considering the Euro was pretty decent with temps 12z.

This along with very dry surface air is why about 100 people have said not to worry about temps today. But I was the same "it's gonna bust cause it's 50" poster once too.

Personally, I still think it's wild to think that come this time tomorrow I'll be frolicking in the snow, when today I could be in shorts.

Edit: Not saying it'll bust, just that it's wild.

Well, 0z is kinda it for the globals and even then it's pretty close to too late. I want to thank the mets and regulars here for such solid analysis for the last 4-5 days. It's been a wild ride. We take our hobby too seriously...lol...but it's fun and harmless so what the heck.

Well, 0z is kinda it for the globals and even then it's pretty close to too late. I want to thank the mets and regulars here for such solid analysis for the last 4-5 days. It's been a wild ride. We take our hobby too seriously...lol...but it's fun and harmless so what the heck.

Agreed.  And thanks to the mods for doing a pretty darn good job at keeping the threads in line.  Now delete this banter post I just made.   :snowing:

Edit: But please don't 5 post me  :whistle:

Archived