amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Feb 23-24 OBS Thread

free_man

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RAP seems to have a good handle on the sleet line the past few runs and it looks like its right at the H85 freezing level.

It lifts it all the way into extreme southern NH tonight...

Then tomorrow morning collapses back to the Pike but sort of holds there for a while thoughout the morning...

You can see the sleet line being fought over near IceWarriorCommander in S ORH county which prob he is flipping between aggregates and pellets mixed in...those heavier echoes are prob helping. Once they lighten up, the mid-level temps will progress faster to the north

mipcnq.jpg

Zr and a few pellets still on the skylights. Temp down to 30.9

Light snow now here. Fairly large flakes. This was after a lull in the snow late afternoon. It's weird, radar (Intellicast shows nothing). Neither does Nexrad. NWS still saying 2 - 5 inches through tomorrow.

Edit: For the people more knowledgeable than I am - why is this?

Between roughly 2 and 5:30 I drove from Lincoln NH and New London. Ptypes mostly snow, but with an ever changing variety of snow. Big fat dendrites in Lincoln, more granular snow about 20 mins south along 93, then a wet pasting, then a finer drier snow, then a wetter snow towards Concord...maybe even some taint, although it may have been snow grains. Snow got lighter and stopped towards Nashua and fortunately for highway travel was dry through all of Massachusetts. Hit snow again south of Worcester around 4ish, getting a little heavier in NE CT along 395. Transition zone was gradually between Danielson and Norwich. There were some IP and rain in the mix and it seemed to be finally all rain...but I still noticed a few big splats on the windshield south of Norwich.

Raining in New London.

I'm mid sound on the ferry now.

Archived