joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 23-24 OBS Thread

free_man

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow beginning to accumulate on the roadways in Andover, MA. Flakes are some of the biggest I have seen, and it is coming down pretty good. Ryan you in Plymouth? A buddy of mine says about 4" up there?

Also -S in Dedham, MA with no accumulation yet.

Yes- about 4"...4.3". But areas just south (Tilton, Northfield, Concord etc.) had 8-12" so we got relatively screwed.

Yes- about 4"...4.3". But areas just south (Tilton, Northfield, Concord etc.) had 8-12" so we got relatively screwed.

I know that's crazy. I had 4"-8" for most of NH. Looks like TWC was right with its 6"-12" call. I also found it interesting how the 12Z Euro differs so much from the 00Z. Absolutely ramped up QPF.

I had about 5.7" otg when i measured around 1pm after that band went through. I lost 1/2 my snow from last night too, but only had an inch to start. So was at 6.2" total at that point. It hasnt really increased much since i got into a bit of a lull and melted a few tenths back - but now picking up again and rebuilding. Temps have been hovering around 32.4 here most of the day,

Nice...similar to here but you did better earlier today. We've lost a bit in the past couple hours as its been lighter, but picking back up recently. Hopefuly for another couple from here on out as the ULL tries to enhance it a bit and also we'll get sundown to cool the sfc a bit.

As of noon, Worcester's snowfall had come to 4.4". That brings its monthly figure to 38.3", which is now the 12th highest monthly figure and 5th highest February total on record.

For KCON 27.5" through the 22nd + unofficial 10.7" (+ some more) 

So at least 38" puts it in top 10 territory.

Going to need lots of help to catch 59.0 inches February 1893

I know that's crazy. I had 4"-8" for most of NH. Looks like TWC was right with its 6"-12" call. I also found it interesting how the 12Z Euro differs so much from the 00Z. Absolutely ramped up QPF.

Yeah the Euro didn't do that well with this system...but no model really did. Really interesting system. Even back home in Shrewsbury my Dad says there's about 5".

Archived