• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 23-24 OBS Thread

free_man

The city uses so much salt it's ridiculous.

Snowless roads that are heavily prepped for snow are a disaster, especially late winter... got a flat tire on a nasty pot-hole near Fenway around midnight last night.

From the perspective of Boston environs, wish I had disengaged from this event days ago. What a tortuous waste of time.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowless roads that are heavily prepped for snow are a disaster, especially late winter... got a flat tire on a nasty pot-hole near Fenway around midnight last night.

From the perspective of Boston environs, wish I had disengaged from this event days ago. What a tortuous waste of time.

I did that a few days ago. Just looked crappy. Can't win them all and areas that got hit today pretty much needed it.

Yeah I stepped back 2 days go when I remember that you need decent fresh cold fort is setup around here. Oh well..

Why does 20dbz in the main batch of precip equal heavy snow, but 20dbz now in the lingering stuff barely amount to 1/4" an hour?  Drier air aloft?

I've noticed this happens with SO many storms.

I don't consider 20 dbz's as heavy, 25-30dbz's is +SN i believe, But it probably has to do with snow growth and flake size, I was under 15-20 dbz most of the day and snow growth was ok, But when i was under 25-30 dbz's the dendrites were much better

I did that a few days ago. Just looked crappy. Can't win them all and areas that got hit today pretty much needed it.

Yeah I stepped back 2 days go when I remember that you need decent fresh cold fort is setup around here. Oh well..

Yeah even following guidance Wed-Thurs was a waste of time. By the time guidance trended weaker and east on Friday, my expectations and forecast to co-workers came down to 2-4 inches of white at the tail end when BL temps improved, but even that is not happening lol... for work purposes, I'd prefer 100% rain without a tease for more

Sick tortuous storm for SNE. Glad many areas up north cashed in.

Why does 20dbz in the main batch of precip equal heavy snow, but 20dbz now in the lingering stuff barely amount to 1/4" an hour?  Drier air aloft?

I've noticed this happens with SO many storms.

The air below the bean is likely drying out and maybe a bit of downsloping from NNE winds. That will happen at the end of storms.

Archived