Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 23-24 OBS Thread

free_man

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that's a pounding to my se. Echoes exploding over CC bay.

I just drove right down Rte 3.  Exit 13 to 15 there was some snow on the roads despite traffic.  South of Exit 13 really nothing.  Non accumulating snow here as of right now 32.7.  It's snowing pretty hard just not sticking.

--

Driving north this morning, was 40 here, 38 in Boston, slowly dropped to about 35 by about Exit 46, then dropped abruptly to 32 at exit 48 where it was snowing.  By Exit 1 on 93 it was pounding.  roads quickly turned into a nightmare...as in no lanes.  Everyone was following one anothers tracks in a single lane.  Tractor trailers were gunning it down hills to avoid getting stuck.  We probably saw 15 spinouts or wrecks.  2-3 cars stuck on Rte 93 north unable to get up the hills.  This all happened in probably 30-60 minutes early AM sunday.  We were one or two more spins away from absolute gridlock nightmare. Once on 89 it got a little better, temp dropped to 31-32 about 5 miles west on 89 and we finally outran the snow.    Snow quickly found us at Sunapee and it snowed 5-6" in a few hours before tapering right off to needles.  Was a blast skiing in the powder.

Ride back was uneventful end to end, snow the entire way, just stopped accumulating south of Exit 13 on 3

I just drove right down Rte 3. Exit 13 to 15 there was some snow on the roads despite traffic. South of Exit 13 really nothing. Non accumulating snow here as of right now 32.7. It's snowing pretty hard just not sticking.

--

Driving north this morning, was 40 here, 38 in Boston, slowly dropped to about 35 by about Exit 46, then dropped abruptly to 32 at exit 48 where it was snowing. By Exit 1 on 93 it was pounding. roads quickly turned into a nightmare...as in no lanes. Everyone was following one anothers tracks in a single lane. Tractor trailers were gunning it down hills to avoid getting stuck. We probably saw 15 spinouts or wrecks. 2-3 cars stuck on Rte 93 north unable to get up the hills. This all happened in probably 30-60 minutes early AM sunday. We were one or two more spins away from absolute gridlock nightmare. Once on 89 it got a little better, temp dropped to 31-32 about 5 miles west on 89 and we finally outran the snow. Snow quickly found us at Sunapee and it snowed 5-6" in a few hours before tapering right off to needles. Was a blast skiing in the powder.

Ride back was uneventful end to end, snow the entire way, just stopped accumulating south of Exit 13 on 3

Yeah Hanover Hanson areas maybe a few inches.

Just drove home from my buddies house he lives on the backside of Wachusett. He's easily at 12"   I just measured 10.5" IMBY. This has been a great snowfall for the hills of N. Worcester Cnty. Still snowing lightly here and piling up. 

Westminster def had more than my house after driving through it. Roads were a mess. I would not be surprised at 12" over there. I checked just using my ski pole in a few places. Easily 8-9", but compaction, etc.    Great night up there

Do your spotter report to NWS!!!

Archived