• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 23-24 OBS Thread

free_man

Brian's obs.  Notice the 8.8 just below that was made almost an hour earlier.  That was the 30+ dz band that didn't quite fully translate north to Brian....lol.  That area will hit 12 given the radar.  I live about 6 miles nw of that obs

Radar isn't totally doing it justice up here. the Sanbornton RWIS north of me is getting rocked.

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_nh_rwis.cgi?id=656009

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For richer or poorer ... some towns are in moderate bands, where moderate aggregate sizes reduce the visibility to 1/2 mil in bursts - that is the case here in Ayer and has been much of the morning. Closing in on 5", but this is some serious 8 or even 6:1 (est) water content, blue snow, and is compacted(ing).  The roads whiten almost immediately when it bursts, though, hearkening to the cold sfc temps.  Plow's been by twice.  

33F/  S and S-

If not in one of these near stationary bands, you may not be doing anything at all.  

Nice gyre showing up on radar over/near CC - must be the residual mid level vortex that refused to phase and produce a bigger even all along.   This snow reminds me of being in snow showers from off Lake Michigan when I was a child.  

I noticed that while at the edge of the sucker hole, temps are dropping and in fact even BOS is don to 34/33 noon obs. What's coming from the sky is snizzly so when the good stuff comes in we may have some snow.

jerry you will have snow, your just missing getting crush'd due to that sucker f'n hole, looks like it will be snowin in your hood within 15 mins.

Radar isn't totally doing it justice up here. the Sanbornton RWIS north of me is getting rocked.

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_nh_rwis.cgi?id=656009

when I mentioned your ons and the one in boscawen I forgot to paste it.  Bosc will or has already exceeded a foot.

.MERRIMACK COUNTY...   NORTHFIELD             9.1  1125 AM  2/24  2.5 LAST HOUR   2 SE BOSCAWEN          8.8  1032 AM  2/24

Archived