• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Feb 24th threat. Signal has been there for a while now

Typhoon Tip

Terrain effects still amaze me sometimes, even though I've seen them for 10+ years now in detail while paying attention from ITH to ORH...even a poster like Hubbdave to the north of me will suffer in just the right setup vs ORH, despite him averaging more snow by like 6" per winter. And I always see almost every time driving west into the western slopes of the ORH hills...the snowpack just reduces by the mile.

Ekster and I talked about this after the Dec 2008 ice storm...the west side of the ORH hills got off WAY less than the east side and the spine. We had east side FIT at 300 feet getting smoked with catastrophic power outages while a place like Greenfield, MA or Sundarland got relatively little despite slightly higher elevation.

Always a fascinating phenomenon.

It's those local effects that make this job so fascinating.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't realize the NYC thread was AllSnow leading a play by play hoping SNE was mostly rain...thanks Tim. Euro was kind of a buzzkill for that thread...jeez....lots of jealous snow weenies. I don't ever remember having a PBP here about other areas getting screwed...maybe I can't remember well enough these days.

Didn't realize the NYC thread was AllSnow leading a play by play hoping SNE was mostly rain...thanks Tim. Euro was kind of a buzzkill for that thread...jeez....lots of jealous snow weenies. I don't ever remember having a PBP here about other areas getting screwed...maybe I can't remember well enough these days.

Wait I did what? I was not even up for the euro. When the euro came out at 12z and also the gfs I explain how much of a crush job it was. How can I be a jealous snow weenie when I was sleeping? I did not even do a pbp for the euro last night. I really could care less on how much snow you get.

I'm kind of taking back by this, feel this was uncalled for and also to single out my personal name.

6z Nam one of the best runs yet for eastern MA...

2"+ for kbos, looks all frozen, 33F paste job with column frozen 950mb and above

unfortunately, it's the Nam > 3 days, but nice to see the NW trend has reversed

I like that here in Brattleboro it looks like we'll get something at least. Going to Mount Snow probably on Monday, so it would be nice to have some fresh snow on the ground.

I think what we're seeing with the Euro and now the NAm..who cares about the GFS..don't use it..is the storm coming back to that coastal bomb and strong dynamic low. i thin we'll continue to see that with the 12 z runs today

I'm not sure how you can so readily toss the GFS yet cite the NAM as something to consider (even if it's with the reliable EC now, blind squirrels.....).  Either way, I'm sure you'll see some snow.

I'm pretty confident I'll get a few inch refresher here.  Maybe low-end warning is reasonable.  Above that is still merely a wish this far out.

Still windy.  18.4/9

Ok so I'll set might sights on 3 inches and maybe I can overachieve. ;) ..Then we have the second low next which might be a little further north.

I think what we're seeing with the Euro and now the NAm..who cares about the GFS..don't use it..is the storm coming back to that coastal bomb and strong dynamic low. i thin we'll continue to see that with the 12 z runs today

LOL at DT

ABOUT THE WEEKEND STORM for the eastern PA NJ NYC LONG ISLAND and all of NEW ENGLAND...

several Inches could fall over southern CT BEFORE the Mix or changeover and most of INTERIOR SE NY will stay all snow or mixed then go back to snow... northern CT all of mass up to Worcester stays all snow as does all of eastern NY NH VT and Maine. 12-24" are POSSIBLE in these areas... and western and central Mass intom southern NH 24"+ is also Possible.

Ok so I'll set might sights on 3 inches and maybe I can overachieve. ;) ..Then we have the second low next which might be a little further north.

I'm banking on 3-5.  Next week looks really dicey here.

LOL at DT

ABOUT THE WEEKEND STORM for the eastern PA NJ NYC LONG ISLAND and all of NEW ENGLAND...

several Inches could fall over southern CT BEFORE the Mix or changeover and most of INTERIOR SE NY will stay all snow or mixed then go back to snow... northern CT all of mass up to Worcester stays all snow as does all of eastern NY NH VT and Maine. 12-24" are POSSIBLE in these areas... and western and central Mass intom southern NH 24"+ is also Possible.

You were in bed--that was discussed 8 hours ago.  :)

Not a huge surprise our luck is running out. Climo will catch up with us for the next 2 storms south of the Pike. It will be nice to see the ski areas get some good stuff even if we wind up with a lot of rain. 

Nice troll post..when you obviously haven't looked at any models or spent any time on this. Nothing shows lots of rain south of pike

Nice troll post..when you obviously haven't looked at any models or spent any time on this. Nothing shows lots of rain south of pike

Actually I did this morning when I got up. 

The 6z GFS looks like mainly sleet/rain for CT as does the 00z GGEM and the 00z Ukie also looks warm.

Even the Euro has the 0c 850 isotherm to the Mass border for most of the event. And it looks like it's on the colder/amped side of guidance. As things look right now I wouldn't expect warning criteria snows in CT unless this thing trends more dynamic and colder. 

Actually I did this morning when I got up. 

The 6z GFS looks like mainly sleet/rain for CT as does the 00z GGEM and the 00z Ukie also looks warm.

Even the Euro has the 0c 850 isotherm to the Mass border for most of the event. And it looks like it's on the colder/amped side of guidance. As things look right now I wouldn't expect warning criteria snows in CT unless this thing trends more dynamic and colder. 

Euro and Nam are nice hits. with mostly frozen. Trends overnight have been favorable..as the block seems to be coming in a bit stronger as we get closer. 

Wait I did what? I was not even up for the euro. When the euro came out at 12z and also the gfs I explain how much of a crush job it was. How can I be a jealous snow weenie when I was sleeping? I did not even do a pbp for the euro last night. I really could care less on how much snow you get.

I'm kind of taking back by this, feel this was uncalled for and also to single out my personal name.

It's ok, he throws everyone under the bus now and then...

Archived