amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Feb 24th threat. Signal has been there for a while now

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see it on H5...very different from earlier runs and the 00z NAM....it basically uses some of the vort energy from the laks system to focus the dynamics...and thus its much weaker.

Yeah that whole trough is stretched NE-SW and the srn energy just can't get it together in time.

Unc is similar to gfs it seems.

Yes it lags the energy just like the GFS. That's not a good trend.

Hopefully its not a trend and just a blip...remember about 48-60 hours before the blizzard, the globals all went SE and people started tying nooses, but then the Euro at 1am came in and dumped 2-3" of qpf on everyone, lol....I'm hoping that is the case here, but if not, then we're tracking an advisory front end dump.

As we could see in the trends all day today, a stronger digging energy in northern stream leads to a more potent primary low which spoils the otherwise favorable setup. It's far from over, but the trend has not been our friend for a big SNE hit.

Meanwhile, the SREFs have been pretty good this season, right?

(joking)

Hopefully its not a trend and just a blip...remember about 48-60 hours before the blizzard, the globals all went SE and people started tying nooses, but then the Euro at 1am came in and dumped 2-3" of qpf on everyone, lol....I'm hoping that is the case here, but if not, then we're tracking an advisory front end dump.

Yes. I won't find out till morning. I'm planning on taking Friday off for some stuff that has to be done. By then we should be locked in...lol.

Ortiz in 2004 and Manny 2007.

That stretching of the trough also keeps it more positively tilted and thus less dynamic, although the srn energy is strong.

The stretch of the trough hurts since the dynamics focus along it to the northeast rather than southeast into the southern vort rounding the base. Hopefully that isn't what happens. Pretty big change from just a run ago.

Ortiz in 2004 and Manny 2007.

Lol...yeah I remember texting you late that night...the worry was the blizzard was be weaker and SE...it was up to the Euro to rally in the late innings, and it homered to center. (like you said, Ortiz in '04 or Manny in '07 playoffs)

The stretch of the trough hurts since the dynamics focus along it to the northeast rather than southeast into the southern vort rounding the base. Hopefully that isn't what happens. Pretty big change from just a run ago.

Yeah exactly. It looked pretty dam strong down south at hr 66 near DFW, but sort of weakened and couldn't really tighten up to a nice concise vort. Not unlike the GFS to fook around with srn stream stuff so we'll see.

Archived