joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 24th threat. Signal has been there for a while now

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is still pretty mild at 850 and 925 right to the Pike practically for a good 6 hrs. Would like that to diminish with the help of a quickly intensifying low. 

At least the euro gives us 6+ net. I'm pulling for the record and good net snow this weekend is almost a requirement it seems.

As far as the rain/snow line do you see a big difference between Boston - Metrowest or is it more of a north/south deal?

This one isn't 12/29 if that's what you're asking. But I'm sure you'll do better vs BOS due to the proximity to the water of Logan. But to me, latitude is bigger vs longitude in this one so Beverly could get great snow while BOS taints and PVD rains.

This one isn't 12/29 if that's what you're asking. But I'm sure you'll do better vs BOS due to the proximity to the water of Logan. But to me, latitude is bigger vs longitude in this one so Beverly could get great snow while BOS taints and PVD rains.

Thanks, kind of thought that might be the case unfortunately.

What's Harv saying?

hold on a second I will quote his tweets

"after this storm is over Boston may have its snowiest Feb ever"  "The south coast CC and the islands will go through a mixed period but will end as snow"

Snow should begin Sat night and continue through most of Sunday being heaviest Sun morning"

"odds of another major snowstorm in Boston and Boston area increasing'

As far as the rain/snow line do you see a big difference between Boston - Metrowest or is it more of a north/south deal?

Well latitude will help because temps aloft will get colder the farther north you are. However, farther inland will help regarding surface temps. BOS will struggle for a while or flip to rain while inland past 128 may be a very wet snow for a whole so yeah it will help being inland. However, I don't see this as a big coastal front deal. Not like we are separating 18F from 34f. The airmass as a whole is not cold, but there will be differences of several degrees from NW to SE.

Archived