joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 24th threat. Signal has been there for a while now

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe you lost that. Man what a shot.

That's part of the story. By the time I got home from my walk, snow had gotten everywhere; including into parts of the phone. Certain buttons failed to work, and while the phone was able to perform some basic functions for a few months after that, the file could not be accessed.

Terrible.

Yea it all comes down to the Euro, it basically held serve last nigh but with some dynamics differences, that is modelling though. Honestly I would rather be in Boston than Moosup for this one. One of those classic New England snowstorms where elevation and latitude are everything, but this could have a great flip if the CCB blows up backside. Still reminds me of 12//9/05

Agreed...This maybe one of those storms where I see 10 inches, and Killingly south on 395 only gets 2-4

Yeah I didn't either. I posted that and then was accused of "not looking at anything" lol. 

I mean it's OK but probably not for a large chunk of the region. 

yeah i guess N of the MA/CT border it is OK...and then it saves NE MA, down to BOS and the Cape late game with the nice CCB end game. but for a lot of the area, the precip looked kind of spotty, the mid-levels are too mild for like 80% of the storm and once the 7h low cranks it's pretty far east. 

i don't know. 

yeah i guess N of the MA/CT border it is OK...and then it saves NE MA, down to BOS and the Cape late game with the nice CCB end game. but for a lot of the area, the precip looked kind of spotty, the mid-levels are too mild for like 80% of the storm and once the 7h low cranks it's pretty far east. 

i don't know. 

I looked at it and thought meh.... and then saw the typical "great to see overnight Euro trend colder and snowier".... if that was colder and snowier I shutter to think of what yesterday's 12z run looked like. 

The ending looked ok to me on the euro here, but my worry was what I mentioned earlier..it gets darn warm at 850 and 925.

Probably a nice ending on the Euro for you guys and the north shore. Generally those fail to deliver back this way. We'll see still a good deal of uncertainty but I am not really expecting warning criteria snows here in CT.

Probably a nice ending on the Euro for you guys and the north shore. Generally those fail to deliver back this way. We'll see still a good deal of uncertainty but I am not really expecting warning criteria snows here in CT.

I would rather a quicker deepening because even here it can be rolling the dice. I guess I'm just glad it didn't get worse.

Nice crush job for the interior...esp pike north, but even south gets in on the CCB action later on...not as dynamic as 12z but we expected that. Perhaps the others overreacted...its possible the Euro is just lagging behind the curve, but more often than not, the others overshoot and the Euro doesn't.

I will take this reaction with no grains of salt...

But yeah... not really colder. Holding on

i don't know. 

I think the only real takeaway here is that there hasn't been the type of run-to-run consistency the way we saw for the blizzard, so it's tough to buy into any one track/solution at this moment; only the general gist of things is clear thus far.

To me it looks like things made a NW/warm push through the runs of the day yesterday and then shifted just a touch SE against last night into the 06's this morning. the 12's should let us know if we're settling in or if this is still a bit of a fluid situation. Weird how strength seems to be a bigger feature for many than track.

Archived