• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 24th threat. Signal has been there for a while now

Typhoon Tip

The only way we'll see 5-10 is if the NAM or euro held serve. We need dynamics and when you have to rely on dynamics, it gets extremely dicey and is a gamble. It's high stakes so it could play out, but not easy.

But I'll tell you Scott....Harvey tells it like it is and doesn't wish cast which makes him so great despite a deep love of snow. If he's this bullish with all his experience that's a great sign.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But I'll tell you Scott....Harvey tells it like it is and doesn't wish cast which makes him so great despite a deep love of snow. If he's this bullish with all his experience that's a great sign.

I think he's thinking euro and I agree, but like I said..we need dynamics. I want to be a little bullish, but for people near the water such as myself..it's tricky. You lose a few hours to meh rates or a more progressive solution and forget it.

Will was right, those are some classic posts from Allsnow, he is obsessed with New England, giving the play by play last night how the GFS rains to ct mas border, then orh then clear to se New Hampshire, why would somebody who lives in the Mount Holly nws area post about what happens for BOX and GREY in a NYC thread..................its odd to say the least, at least he has moved on from BDR.

If the euro comes in more bullish and holds serve, I'll feel  much better. I think the GFS is clueless for areas like ORH county.

Yea it all comes down to the Euro, it basically held serve last nigh but with some dynamics differences, that is modelling though. Honestly I would rather be in Boston than Moosup for this one. One of those classic New England snowstorms where elevation and latitude are everything, but this could have a great flip if the CCB blows up backside. Still reminds me of 12//9/05

Yea it all comes down to the Euro, it basically held serve last nigh but with some dynamics differences, that is modelling though. Honestly I would rather be in Boston than Moosup for this one. One of those classic New England snowstorms where elevation and latitude are everything, but this could have a great flip if the CCB blows up backside. Still reminds me of 12//9/05

We'll need a stronger s/w before entertaining 12/9/05..lol. 

Movement and intensifying as it moves due east along the south coast, pretty dynamic. Still has that look

Not even close IMHO. That thing was special in its own way. 

Regardless, hopefully we can keep that thing far enough south, I still expect shifts as we go forward and approach the event starting time.

Fair enough, but plenty of other examples if talking mid levels. 

I hate when special analogs are tossed around. 12/9/05 is becoming another 12/92.

Not that it is special, but why has MLK 2010 been tossed around so much? Is it just the GFS that looked like that, because the other major guidance looks different

Not that it is special, but why has MLK 2010 been tossed around so much? Is it just the GFS that looked like that, because the other major guidance looks different

It had similarities like the big snow gradient from Tolland to Worcester. It's not far off regarding that. Plus, it gets a rise out of Kevin.

That one was a diaper blowout to the edge of space...lol.

I've never seen anything like it and I'll never forgive myself for losing the best photograph I've ever taken.

I took a walk through the Christian Science Center right at the height of it, right through the empty reflecting pool. Only a single other soul was out there walking along with me, and I decided to try to capture the silhouette against the main church building.

As I snapped the shot, lighting flashed and lit up my entire shot with bright blue, but there was so much snow that the person and church were still barely visible in the whiteout, which had been turned electric blue.

Best photo ever, and part of the lore of an unforgettable storm.

I've never seen anything like it and I'll never forgive myself for losing the best photograph I've ever taken.

I took a walk through the Christian Science Center right at the height of it, right through the empty reflecting pool. Only a single other soul was out there walking along with me, and I decided to try to capture the silhouette against the main church building.

As I snapped the shot, lighting flashed and lit up my entire shot with bright blue, but there was so much snow that the person and church were still barely visible in the whiteout, which had been turned electric blue.

Best photo ever, and part of the lore of an unforgettable storm.

I can't believe you lost that. Man what a shot.

Archived