Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Feb 8-9th Blizzard Thread

dryslot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had plenty of jackpots the last few years. We're going to get a lot of snow...just probably not as much as to our SE. You seem really "woe is me" this morning.

LOL.  Maybe becasue my daughter has a school day, my wife's work was cancelled, and I never get a snow day since I work from home.  

It is sillly to be bummed by 'only' 12-18".  

Nice! Snowing now....love when the snow blows down the street as happens in the big ones. Here near across from the Gahden near the north end.

At Downtown Crossing...snowing lightly here too. Going to take the last train out back to ORH at 2:45 before the shut down the MBTA.

I'm thinking this is going to be 20+ for BOS.

LOL. Maybe becasue my daughter has a school day, my wife's work was cancelled, and I never get a snow day since I work from home.

It is sillly to be bummed by 'only' 12-18".

You and I are bummed, but I can recall many others who completely melted down when they were in our shoes. A sick passion.....

Not surprising at all that the Nam is coming in line with the rest of the guidance. I mentioned it last night. I lol'd at the posters saying the Gfs is a piece of crap and not worth tax money. Its a piece of guidance and shouldn't be ignored. I'm not saying its going to be right but it did advertise the east component. I know its hard to take the weenie hats off and be objective but you can't dismiss everything because it doesn't drop the gauntlet on your backyard. Enjoy the snow, whatever falls. Its a win this season.

Using that SREF plume viewer site, the numbers have been really stable for the last 24 hours, at least in my area.  The outliers have bounced around a bit - but the mean has been rock steady.  Some of the weenie members are hilarious - 09Z SREF weenie record for KASH - 49"   :lmao:

At Downtown Crossing...snowing lightly here too. Going to take the last train out back to ORH at 2:45 before the shut down the MBTA.

I'm thinking this is going to be 20+ for BOS.

Yeah most people called and rescheduled so I'm outta here before the shut down though I could walk the 5 miles home....

The 12z ECMWF may shift a very slight bit east, but this storm is clearly becoming phased with the upper low as the southern low has recently taken a hard left/northward turn, the cloud field is expanding and cooling over SNE ahead of the upper low...which indicates the warm air advection associated with the southern low is beginning to spread ahead of the northern stream. Bigger question now becomes mesoscale dynamics.

The late stall/capture seems like a lock now. Notice it slows east of ack as opposed to southwest of ack. Big difference ct/w mass but a big big hit east.

this is EXACTLY what i was worried about...it's like march 01 all over again and jan 05 all over again

those few who said they were worried about a last minute jog east were right all along, even from three days ago

The 12z ECMWF may shift a very slight bit east, but this storm is clearly becoming phased with the upper low as the southern low has recently taken a hard left/northward turn, the cloud field is expanding and cooling over SNE ahead of the upper low...which indicates the warm air advection associated with the southern low is beginning to spread ahead of the northern stream. Bigger question now becomes mesoscale dynamics.

Exactly. All systems go. Let's get this party started. Lol Portland has 6 inches already, that is awesome

this is EXACTLY what i was worried about...it's like march 01 all over again and jan 05 all over again

those few who said they were worried about a last minute jog east were right all along, even from three days ago

not a big deal for most...we all still get 12-15 inches at the bottom end of that range.  In a winter like this, I will take that and run any day of the week.  Enjoy it!

Archived