e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 8-9th Blizzard Thread

dryslot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice coastal front on GYX radial velocity image.

Just posted about it in the obs thread, actually measured 80:1 here at the office at 7 AM.

The meso models actually had this nailed down yesterday. The local WRF had likely PoP going in a stripe right along the coast. SREF keyed in on a DGZ at least 200 mb deep (high ratio snow). I bumped totals up yesterday, but not nearly enough. We're going to hit warning criteria snow before the blizzards even start.

Anybody checked out the NWS forecast for Worcester recently:

"Today Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 29. Breezy, with a east wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

• Tonight Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 15. Wind chill values as low as -1. Windy, with a northeast wind 23 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.
  • Saturday Snow, mainly before 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 20. Wind chill values as low as -3. Windy, with a north wind 18 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

"

They sure aren't holding back, 25 - 39" seems a little high to even a weenie like me.

Upton backed off a bit from last night, now only 16" here instead of 18" :)

At this point, who cares, time to look out the window and enjoy the snow falling.

Was heavy snow here for 10 minutes or so, now down to light occasionally moderate. Close to an inch OTG already.

-skisheep

Just posted about it in the obs thread, actually measured 80:1 here at the office at 7 AM.

The meso models actually had this nailed down yesterday. The local WRF had likely PoP going in a stripe right along the coast. SREF keyed in on a DGZ at least 200 mb deep (high ratio snow). I bumped totals up yesterday, but not nearly enough. We're going to hit warning criteria snow before the blizzards even start.

Maybe PWM FTW.

Snow has lightened up here as well, and being right at 32-33 degrees, paved and concrete surfaces that got coated from that initial burst have since melted. Looks like we'll have to wait awhile for the next batch south of LI.

wow-you are a bit warmer--30 here-everything still covered...I'm just south of the parkway, so I'm a bit colder than the 95 corridor...

zero melting here just shy of an inch..........greenwich is another world

I think snowman21 goes out with a hair dryer to start melting snow and bumping up temperatures to deflate expectations lol. 

Looks like we'll keep -SN for the next few hours. Hopefully we can put down an inch or two before the main stuff rolls in. 

I think snowman21 goes out with a hair dryer to start melting snow and bumping up temperatures to deflate expectations lol. 

Looks like we'll keep -SN for the next few hours. Hopefully we can put down an inch or two before the main stuff rolls in. 

what time do you think for the main stuff down this way?

Great to see some big boys in the energy sector discussing how bad the GFS is..love it

• Jeff House What if they do not phase right? Oh wait, this morning's charts look like the NAM already. Punt the GFS. 
  • 260603_556608175_420719739_q.jpg

Jason Cali GFS: a model that is great at manufacturing fictitious snow storms and terrible at predicting real ones.

Archived