e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 8-9th Blizzard Thread

dryslot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think they did a great job last night.  Both mets I watched gave disclaimers about amounts in different locations and storm stalling vs not stalling etc.

Those amounts have looked good for us since Wednesday.

Going to be a fun 24 hours.

I agree--maps look good.  I do like the enhancements ggb's showing in the hills.  Maybe we cn eek out a bit more than I anticipate.

Hope you stocked up on diapers

Diaper genie overflow incoming

LOL.

The man, Craig Allen likes 8-12 region wide less south and west up to a foot and a half in pockets north and east.

Very solid call in my opinion, for the tri state region.

Thinking 10-15 western half of the state, 12-18 east, and 18-24 far east/NE hills. Already a lighting coating down in steady light snow, looks like it may kick up in intensity here shortly based on radar.

Thinking 10-15 western half of the state, 12-18 east, and 18-24 far east/NE hills. Already a lighting coating down in steady light snow, looks like it may kick up in intensity here shortly based on radar.

Moderate snow here, that was awesome from nothing to moderate and everything covered LOL

Outside in screaming east winds and it felt cold. Welcome to February and thank you cold hp to the north I've been adoring for days on guidance.

Congrats in advance, Jerry--you've waited patiently (or not so patiently:) ) a long time for this.  Very exciting!

Screaming winds, eh?  We're sustained at 3mph and even managed a gust to 7mph.  lol

radar is much more in line with nam than gfs.. i gotta agree with blizz on this 

I think we can all embrace the NAM over the GFS and EC.

Interesting thing is.. according to RAP all the heavy precip that is pushing NW and N from south jersey now.. will not make it into western new england.. it all pushes into eastern new england.. NAM shows this pushing straight north.. 

We've seen this play out before as storms stall.  Movement and trajectory get everyone excited, but the entire thing stops and drifts away.  I suspect that's what's happening with the RAP.  Very possible outcome, I think.

Not to be a :weenie: but it's great to see the cloud tops warm on IR to the east of KHSE. 

Ryan--are you suprised by this?  If so, what are you inferring from that?

What areas do you think won't see that?

I think it's an equal chance anywhere in SNE. I'm just not sure ALL will be over 2 feet. There's bound to be some 14-18" amounts between bands of like 24-36". These storms rarely work out as widespread as the model QPF makes you think. But 16-18" is an awesome storm all the same!

I find it interesting that WMUR have a large area of 12-24 all the way to the coast. Normally they're more precise with the amounts in NH vs simply a large blanket 12-24. Seems to me they're not able to commit to the Euro/NAM when the GFS has gone east and shows much less snow.
My NWS forecast for Mar 93 was 1-3ft. With banding this intense there could be some big differences across counties. And yeah, the GFS may still be a concern to them.

Archived